Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User password expires everyday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For only one of the user we support, the system prompts to change the password when logging-in first time for the day. After changing, the password is fine for working all day. This has to be repeated again the next day the user logs-in. Has anyone come across a similar situation?

Thank you.

Mani

10 REPLIES 10

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

you need to check usr02 before and after the change of the password. I suspect, that somehow the pwd gets the 'initial' status every day. Especially have an eye on the fields ltime and pwdinitial.

Also the change logs of the user can give a clue. If there are no change logs but the table content gets changed w/o user/admin interaction, check for coding updating usr02 w/o using standard bapis/FMs.

good luck,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the user change documents to identify if the password is reset by any other user. It gives you a clue.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding is that USR02 entry for that user after changing the password.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

check code of ZXUSRU01 program.

if it has any, paste it... if possible.... or take help of your ABAPer to understand it.

Regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

All,

When looking at the change documents for the particular user, I can see Tcode KRNL against the ' password change ' value.

This is for every day. Any reasons ?

Mani

0 Kudos

that means password change on the login screen....

Couldn't you find the clue after having read my first reply?

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Nov 17, 2010 3:50 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I recommend following steps provided in Note 495911 - Trace analysis for logon problems. This should help you to identify the root cause and fix it.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Thank you all. Though I could not pin point the exact issue,all I did was to delete and create the user id again. That resolved the issue.

Mani

0 Kudos

..And did you do this in Production ??

0 Kudos

Yes, With the permission of the BPO. The user in this case belongs of VIEW only access.

Mani