cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer contract to SRM-MDM catalog

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We do not have a working PI system yet and so I cannot test to find out how contract transfer from SRM to catalog works so I hope to find some answers here on the forum. We already have catalogue set up for other goods/services. Now, if I transfer the contract to the SRM-MDM catalogue, does the system simply add the material items with the contract info to the repository? This is not about creating contracts in the repository, right?

Are there any mappings to be done? How does the system know to update existing material items instead of creating new ones?

Appreciate your help in answering some of these questions.

Thanks!

SF

Edited by: SF on Nov 16, 2010 5:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Now, if I transfer the contract to the SRM-MDM catalogue, does the system simply add the material items with the contract info to the repository?

No, until unless you set the interface mappings in PI and imported XI content into your XI system.

For more details, Please refer SAP Note 1177779 - SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 - Installation & Configuration

4. Import SAP NetWeaver 2004s Process Integration (XI) Content for SRM-MDM Catalog

Remark: This step is only required if you want to use contract or product data replication from SRM to SRM-MDM Catalog or from ERP to SRM-MDM Catalog.

Prerequisite: XI Content for SRM-MDM Catalog has been imported into your XI system.

Are there any mappings to be done?

Yes, you have to do interface mappings as mentioned in Point 4 for SAP Note 1177779.

Also, if you want to see what the information (fields) for Contract comes into MDM and what are the existing MDM Import maps and source and target fields. Please go through https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000643162009E/SRM-MDM_Catalog_30_Repository.pdf

5. Import Maps --> 5.1.5 MDMContractDataTransmissionProductID .............................................. 10

5.1.16 MDMContractDataTransmissionProdCateg ............................................. 29

5.1.17 MDMContractDataTransmissionProductID .............................................. 30

5.1.18 MDMContractDataTransmissionSupPartNo ............................................ 32

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

>>Now, if I transfer the contract to the SRM-MDM catalogue, does the system simply add the material items with the contract info to the repository does the system simply add the material items with the contract info to the repository? This is not about creating contracts in the repository, right?

If the item is not existing in the repository, then it will add an entry of the item with the contract price. If the repository has the item present, then it will update the contract price details to it.

>>Are there any mappings to be done? How does the system know to update existing material items instead of creating new ones?

Yes, you will have mappings between XI to MDM. This mappings are created when you deploy the business package for XI in case of SRM-MDM Catalog scenario. Also you have to do some customization settings like providing the FTP path of the repository etc.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Bala

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala. Can I clarify one more thing? If I have replicated material items from SRM to MDM and some of these items are also on the contract, what would happen when I replicate the contract? Would the system be able to identify the material item and add on the contract details or would it creates a different entry for that contract item?

Appreciate your response on that.

Thanks!

SF

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Any comments on how the contract works with the item update in MDM?

Cheers!

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SF.

>>what would happen when I replicate the contract?

I'm not getting how do you replicate a contract with the same id.

>>Would the system be able to identify the material item and add on the contract details or would it creates a different entry for that contract item?

Yes, MDM can identify the material item(this is achieved through the Import maps which is created already with the mapping condition based on the product id) and if the contract is not available it will creates a new entry to it or it will append the details to it.

Regards

Bala