cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO reqmt for XI certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am discussing a PBNW for XI content under Option 3 category reqmts from ICC.

As per our understanding SSO across applications is not supported by XI..Though SSO is just available across XI components like IB-IR,ID and RWB..

When ICC means by SSO across XI-Vendor pdt, how do we go about it..Is there a documented guideline/approach to how this can be achieved,

Regards

Sriram Vasudevan

Message was edited by: David Branan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just have dout in XI. I want to block the segment E1ADRMAS in CREMDM Idoc. If any one have any idea on this pls let know

Thanks and Regards,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Can you explain your scenario? And, are you trying to "block" the segment of information on the outbound to SAP XI or on the inbound to the partner system?

Regards,

John Ta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Sriram,

You are correct in your understanding of SAP XI and the Single Sign On (SSO) it uses.

Let me explain what is involved with Powered By NetWeaver (PBNW) and perhaps it will answer your question.

To received the status of PBNW, a partner needs to use at least two different components in the SAP NetWeaver suite. Thus, the option you chose included SAP XI and SAP EP. If you choose to certify NW-XI-CNT (NW XI content) alone, you will not have to deal with SSO; However, one criteria for meeting SAP EP's guideline is the following:

- Check that all iViews support Single Sign On either via logon tickets or user mapping.

Therefore, it is the SAP EP part which must be met for SSO in order to acheive PBNW.

Does that help?

John Ta

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

You are a great help.Thanks for your timely clarifications..

Just to confirm my understandings

1) Certification Scenario having Product interacting with EP

- SSO will be mandatory thro' USER mapping

2) Certification Scenario using XI with Product(with no EP in between)

- SSO not required

3) Certification scenario using XI and EP with Product such as say Request comes from iView and is directed thro' XI to the product.

- ???

What is the role of SSO in this picture.My understanding is SSO wouldn't be a requirement as XI sits in between EP and the Vendor product

BTW...Due to some bug am unable to award points to your post..I dont find the the RADIO BUTTON on your reply in SDN screen..Wonder if its a BUG..I use IE6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Sriram,

SSO is not needed between SAP XI and SAP EP since any request sent to SAP XI has the option of sending User and Password.

SSO is not needed between SAP XI and another product because the User and Password is already defined in the Integration Configuration settings (i.e. Communication Channel) with exception of anonymous FTP login.

And, in regards to your "missing Radio Button", it was no bug but human error. You didn't mark your posting as a question. SDN went in and changed the status to "question". You will see that someone edited your first posting. You should now be able to go in and award points.

I hope this helps!

John Ta

Former Member
0 Kudos

John

Thanks for those amazing clarifications.You have answered all my questions, but still the radio button doesn't appear in your replies..though I see my post has been marked into a Question!!

Appreciate your quick answers

Regards

Sriram V.