Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape Verification Tool

former_member199694
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Landscape Verification Tool looks to be in ramp-up stage. Wondering, if anyone is used, how it is useful. If any issues are experienced.

Thanks,

Raj S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been out of ramp-up since August. See this blog: /people/wolf.hengevoss/blog/2010/08/13/landscape-verification-10-for-sap-solution-manager--general-availability

I thought my landscape was well maintained, but with dozens of managed systems, it's not too surprising that it found a few discrepancies to fix. I expect my next experience with Maintenance Optimizer will be the better for it. For the small amount of time it takes to install and run, I think it's worth it.

The installation was straightforward, but I had to apply a few Notes to eliminate some false alarms. Depending on your landscape, you may need some of these too:

1484609 LVSM: Error corrections for product instance recognition

1485671 No systems displayed in Landscape Verification tool

1501586 Link to error message display is not working

1506251 Shortdump in IF_E2ELV_ADAPTER_PPMS~GET_TEXT_FOR_PVINST

1506730 Corrections for Product Instance Detection (LVSM_LOAD)

1510273 Incorrect product instance detection status reported

1511818 Relevant product instances not included in detection

1516332 Corrections for system factorization and guessing

1517258 Dual stack systems are not recognized correctly

1525078 LVSM:No product instance detection for TREX/LiveCache system

1528030 Inconsistent display of systems and landscape pattern

Regards,

Sean

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I haven't seen any issues yet. I have had a chance to run the tool on a test system, however SMSY was well maintained, so I need a chance to break things to see it really in action.

You can get more information at this link [Landscape Verification|https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000853852010E]

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul