cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAckup

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have integration of an sap system to Tivoli Management server. Tivoli guy established backup daily with redol log backup hourly.(i can see this in db12).

Also we have an filesystem backup in sense that via an CD/DVD system is booted and fiesystem restored.

I wander in a disaster recovery scenario what comes next. I guess Database restore via brtools. The user used should be oracle user "system".

Is that right approach?

But on the other hand I can not see logic how can I get latest database state .

On filesystem¸/oracle//sapbackup about latest backup.

Can this info been retrieved from Tivoli Management server?

One other idea. Is it possible to run backup from DB13 transaction when having Tivoli management system?

Where to adjust this? (as when running an tablespace backup I get message

access to the specified file or directory is denied...

"Return code from '/usr/sap/TO2/SYS/exe/run/backint -u TO2 -f backup -i /oracle/TO2/sapbackup/.beeoppid.lst -t file -p /oracle/TO2/102_64/dbs/initTO2.utl -c': 2"

Thank you in advance for good hints

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have installed tivoli agent for sap SAP and we do have init<SID>.sap and init<SID>.utl in place . Also successfull backups are visible in db12.

I only wonder after restoring server on test server how to restore datbase(and sap if needed bw.we have linux/oracle combination)?

kindest regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have successful backup then you shuold be able to restore using brtools. Just follow the brtools options (very easy). Restore your DB, apply logs, reset logs, open db all steps already in brtools. If you want more help on brtools then visit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you also need to install the Tivoli for SAP agent. without it, BRRESTORE will never work. you also need to configure it (initSID.sap, initSID.utl etc...).