SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split FICA Document Posting from Invoicing Process

KASTENNIS70
Explorer
0 Kudos

My scenario is as follows:

Invoicing amount is to be split into two line items for account balance display, but will appear on the bill as one line item. The purpose of the two line items is because the client would like to clear the discounted amount directly to bad debt expense and then the consumption amount would remain open until payment is received on the account.

Posting area R410 was recommended, but what FM should be used in conjunction with this posting area?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kelly:

Posting area R410 is called by invoicing and could be used to split the invoice into multiple line items. This would require that the split be done by billing subtransaction. Otherwise, you could effectuate the split in event R402 by creating a new line item and an offset.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

I think FM FKK_OPEN_ITEM_SPLIT will solve the purpose.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

What event in FQEVENTS is tied to this function module? or is it part of the standard invoicing? I want to use the proposed invoicing FICA document to create the two new documents representing consumption and the bad debt expense.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kelly:

Posting area R410 is called by invoicing and could be used to split the invoice into multiple line items. This would require that the split be done by billing subtransaction. Otherwise, you could effectuate the split in event R402 by creating a new line item and an offset.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Actually you can configure the clearing of the discount amount with the bad debt in the clearing control for invoicing.

SPRO -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Open Item Management -> Clearing Control ->

Define Clearing Variants - here you define the clearing rules (eg: clear the discount amount with bad debt)

Define Specifications for Clearing Types -> Define Specifications for IS-U Invoicing

Here you allocate the clearing variant (clearing rules) to the invoicing.

Event R401 is used to refine the rules in the clearing control for invoicing. Event R410 is used to determine other items which are posted on the account and have to be presented on the bill.

Regards,

Daniel Toba

http://www.sap-isu.net

KASTENNIS70
Explorer
0 Kudos

New configuration for deregulation has been input for creating an outbound from SAP 810 EDI transaction. After this configuration has been modified, I am receiving an error stating that 'Event R402: Account 7000000196 - New documents not supported for deregulation'. I looked under deregulation in FQEVENTS for another event that would support creating additional FICA documents and do not see any. Does anyone have any suggestions while using the deregulation configuration for outbound bills (810 EDI).

KASTENNIS70
Explorer
0 Kudos

see comment regarding the 'Event R402: Account 7000000196 - New documents not supported for deregulation' error that now is in place.

0 Kudos

Kelly,

There seems to be a problem in your event 402 custom function module. If this issue is already resolved, can you provide us the fix and close the thread?

If this is still not resolved, please post code for your 402 custom function module.

Thanks,

Sai