cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for VS2010 Installation Error 2753

Former Member
0 Kudos

When attempting to install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010, the installation fails with the following message:

Error 2753. The File "agent.exe.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705" is not marked for installation.

After clicking ok to this message box, a second message appears:

SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 installation ended prematurely because of an error.

The relevant lines from the CR4VS_0.log:

MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:22:16:895]: Skipping action: Bootstrap.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705 (condition is false)
MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:22:16:895]: Skipping action: Register.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705 (condition is false)
MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:22:16:895]: Skipping action: Unregister.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705 (condition is false)
MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:22:16:895]: Skipping action: RegisterPUNoVersion.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705 (condition is false)
MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:22:16:895]: Doing action: RegisterNoVersion.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705
Action 14:22:16: RegisterNoVersion.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705. 
Action start 14:22:16: RegisterNoVersion.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705.
MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:22:16:895]: Note: 1: 2235 2:  3: ExtendedType 4: SELECT `Action`,`Type`,`Source`,`Target`, NULL, `ExtendedType` FROM `CustomAction` WHERE `Action` = 'RegisterNoVersion.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705' 
MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:22:16:895]: Note: 1: 2753 2: agent.exe.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705 
Error 2753. The File "agent.exe.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705" is not marked for installation.
MSI (s) (8C:D8) [14:49:50:052]: Product: SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 -- Error 2753. The File "agent.exe.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705" is not marked for installation.

Action ended 14:49:50: RegisterNoVersion.6ED28686_7B19_420C_B255_5B6C1BD2C705. Return value 3.
Action ended 14:49:50: INSTALL. Return value 3.

The OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600, x86 32-bit.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After doing some additional research, it appears that FLEXnet component of InstallSheild that is included in the Crystal Reports for VS2010 installation has a bug if it encounters newer versions of the client files. This bug has been resolved in newer versions of the merge module, but there is a workaround until the CRVS2010 installation is updated.

Flexera (the publisher of InstallSheild) has released a utility that transforms a built installation package and removes installation problems associated with the FLEXnet Connect merge modules. The utility and related instructions can be found here: [http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q207355&sliceId=].

I had to extract the installation files from CRforVS_13_0.exe and run the utility directly on CrystalReportsForVisualStudio.msi.

Cheers,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

I used the tool from FLEXnet. The installation works now without the error 2753.

But when i try to use the "Database Expert" in the "Field Explorer" (or a other wizard) my Visual Studio 2010 Environment will be frozen.

I have Windows 7 Professional, VS2010 Premium, Solution in C#, .NET Framework 4.

On the same Computer i have installed Crystal Report 8.5.

Sincerly,

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Riccardo,

We encountered something similar on a few of our developer's machines. We discovered another option was to remove the FLEXnet Connect component altogether before running the Crystal Reports installation. This also fixes the 2753 error and solved the problem you're describing. A side effect of this, however, is that any applications that are installed and use FLEXnet Connect to get updates will no longer receive them.

Here are the steps:

1. Uninstall Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010.

2. Download and run the FLEXnet Connect Uninstall utility from http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q112918/SoftwareManagerUninstall.exe.

3. Delete (or move to a backup directory) the following directories:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

4. Reinstall Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010.

Cheers,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although the question is marked as "Answered".... the "Answer" begs another question.

SAP has a flawed install package which is still on the website. Those not knowing the issue wil search and search looking for what is wrong (as I have been). According to the post above...

"After doing some additional research, it appears that FLEXnet component of InstallSheild that is included in the Crystal Reports for VS2010 installation has a bug if it encounters newer versions of the client files. This bug has been resolved in newer versions of the merge module, but there is a workaround until the CRVS2010 installation is updated."

Thus the question.... When will SAP recompile using the updated modules (from FLEXnet ??) ???

Or... in more simple terms.... When will SAP make available an install which works?

Does anyone test anything before deployment anymore ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having one question, Please help me out.

I am upgrading to Crystal 2010. And searching Windows API(VC++) to write the code.

In the previous one craxdrt.dll was there through which I used IApplicationPtr to create Application object.

pcrApplication.CreateInstance("CrystalRuntime.Application.11");.

The same thing How can I achieve in Crystal 2010? because in Crystal 2010 craxdrt.dll is not there.

Can any buddy please help me out?

I shall be highly grateful to you.

Regards

Deepika

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you spaming every thread you find? This is your 3rd attempt at linking to an existing thread that has nothing to do with your issue. As I mentioned to you in [this|; thread, create a new thread...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

That works. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert, finally I was able to install CR2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your reference to the article at http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/ISSUE/Q207355 was the correct solution for me - thanks.

As an aside, I discovered that upgrading the CR for VS201x to a newer version does not always uninstall the previous version.  In other words, uninstall previous versions before upgrading.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hate to revive an old thread, but after contacting support, I was told this is my only option to try to get some answers. I am having this issue when attempting to install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 on my new computer that never had FLEXnet Connect installed on it before. This happens on multiple computers in my group that all have Visual Studio 2010 installed. I don't see what else could be causing this to happen. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. Please let me know if there are other things I can try that haven't been recommended yet.

Thanks

-Jon

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jon

You don't mention what CRVS Service Pack you are trying to install. You should be installing CRVS SP8 from here:

Re. support. This is certainly a good place to get answers and the answers are free. You can create a paid phone case, if you wish, here:

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I am having the same issue too. I am using Windows 8 64-bit, VS2012 including update 4 and have downloaded CR v13.0.8.1216 from SAP. it looks like it is going to work and then fails with the same error as the one that was originally reported. Some of the things have been installed correctly and existing reports in an old project load and run fine. If I try to edit an existing report in VS2012 all I get is a hex dump of the file (arrgggg). I have tried uninstalling, removing temp folders, etc but nothing works. I tried using public_FNC XForm to fix a reported issue with Flex, and see above that this thread also suggests trying SoftwareManagerUninstall too.

I'll post back with how I get on but in the meantime, do you have any more information about how I might fix this?

-- FAILED AGAIN --

I ran the FLEXnet removal software, removed all unneeded folders, cleaned Temp folders, rebooted, and then tried to install it again. Same error, same issue.

I also have VS2013 installed on this machine, but I am not using it for CR based application development. I can post the log file if that will help.

Can anyone help me?

Jason.

Message was edited by: Jason James

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I ran the install exe for CRVS on a WIN 2008 box - no problems. At what point do you get the failure? Here is the install sequence:

Do you want to run this file? <Run> <Cancel>

<Run> = Winrar Self extracting archive

Choose Setup Language

Preparing to Install

Welcome to SAP Crystal Reports...

License Agreement

Start Installation

Computing space requirements

Copying new files

Writing system registry values

Registering modules

Removing Applications

Yes install 64 bit runtime

Finish

The above install was done with the CRforVS_13_0_8.exe copied locally (c:\text\crvs sp 8). What does the MS installer log tell you?

How to enable Windows Installer logging

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

The install gets partway through Publishing Assembly
Information. You can watch the installation on Screecast.com here http://screencast.com/t/8fhP4Hjb0

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Googling error 2753 I came across a few sources. E.g.;

Adobe Flash Player Install Error 2753: The File &amp;#8216;InstallAX64.exe&amp;#8217; is not marked ...

So using those as a guide, I wonder if yuo can search for any reg keys from flexnet and either remove those, or for now, rename them. Then try the install again.

Do the MS Installer logs tell you anything?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

nothing that I understand I'm afraid, and nothing 've googled and tried has made any difference.

I am trying one more time with AV off and also Install Shield removed. If this doesn't work then I'm going for a full rebuild unless you can think of anything else. I'm at a point where I've already spent more time trying to figure this out than it will take to rebuild from scratch.

Jason.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frustrating for me, must be 10 times more frustrating for you and I apologize. Please do let me know if a rebuild helps. I just hope you don't have to go that far...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Committed to the rebuild now. Went through the reg and removed all crystal references, stopped AV service, removed all DIRs, etc, etc and still couldn't get the install to work.

New solid state drive ordered for laptop and should be here tomorrow. A few hours needed to get everything back but should be running again early next week.

Thanks for you help.

Jason.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Those errors a re typical if you tried to install it once and it failed.

Clear out all of the temp file in your temp folder and then delete the install folder from your first attempt. Then run the installer again and this time type in c:\cr4vs2010, or just add the c:\ to the default.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clear out all of the temp file in your temp folder and then delete the install folder from your first attempt. Then run the installer again and this time type in c:\cr4vs2010, or just add the c:\ to the default.

I followed these instructions and the problem persists.

Steps I took:

1. Uninstalled the failed installation of Crystal Reports.

2. Removed the C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects directory.

3. Removed all temporary files (using Disk Cleanup and manually deleting all files from C:\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp).

4. Removed the installation directory and re-downloaded CRforVS_13_0.exe from this site.

5. Restarted Windows.

6. Executed the new installation file and entered "C:\CRforVS_13_0" as the directory.

Some additional information:

1. The same error occurs on other Windows XP workstations.

2. All of the machines previously had Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 installed.

3. Verified that installing other applications that use Windows Installer works.

Cheers,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not have Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 beta installed on my computer

and I got the same error.

I ran a repair and it said that it was installed.

Visual Studio now randomly quits and needs to restart.

Are there any install instructions for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010?