cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple Mapping Variables on Same Data Flow Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Friends:

I have used Mapping Variables without problem in the past.

Now when I try to bring multiple mapping variables (on target side) in same data flow editor, I can not do it.

The idea is that our RFC lookup return multiple values, we need to store them temprorily into variables.

I can use UDF for this purpose, just do not understand why I can not use variable feature in this situation.

Regards

Liang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

If you Double click on the 2nd Temporary variable of the target, it will not come in to the editor. You have to press the mouse on the 2nd variable and do drag & drop the field to the editor window. Then it will come and you can use in the mapping.

Thanks,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nabendu:

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the mouse press and drag, it only bring the variable to graphical editor in source format, means it can map to something.

Now I need it in target format, means I need to map to it.

More accurate, I need to map to them in one data flow edtor (multiple variables in target side).

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

If i understand your issue correctly, you need to map the same value to some target fields. Say for example a Constant value "K" to target fields : field1, field2, & field3.

So for this, click(single click) on the target field & just do a mouse press and drag them to the graphical editor one by one. In this way, you will be able to achieve mapping for all these target fields simultaneously.

For example, first click on target "field1" , use mouse press and drag this target field to the graphical editor. Repeat the same process for each target field so that you can use multiple target fields in the same mapping.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gaurav:

You almost got my requirements: rather than fields, I have mapping variables.

For fields, no problem, but for variables, I can not do it.

Sorry, I need to mention this is PI 7.1 EHP1, it supports variable from PI 7.1.

Regards

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Nov 16, 2010 3:18 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 supports graphical variable. You might want to see this helps...

/people/william.li/blog/2008/02/13/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-using-graphical-variable

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

I have got the point but you can not map different Mapping Variables in the same flow editor. You can use <ReturnAsXML> and then can write Java code to populate different field values. Otherwise you have to go Hash Table where you can put the data for temporary usage.

Thanks,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conclusion: this is impossible.

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Dec 7, 2010 8:28 PM

Edited by: Liang Ji on Dec 7, 2010 8:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is impossible up to most current version