cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type for STO process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of Purchase order receipts we will use 01 inspection type. But what is the inspection type we can use for the Goods recept through Stock transport ordr process. I hope we can use 08 or 05... but which one is the best?

Can we have a single inspection type for both (GR from PO and GR from STO)? STO is also a special type of PO only na.. so is it possible to map both into 01 inspection type?

Any inputs in this regard will be very usefull for me. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on how your processes are planning to receipt your STO's. Purchasing can set up STO's to be receipted just like purchased material and they will use 01 inspection lots.

Another alternative, if you are looking at using the same inspection plans for both is to map the plan usage to both the 08 and 01 inspection types.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

Thanks you very much for your answer... I am planning to user single inspection plan. As per standard in which cases 05 inspection type will be triggered?? System is not triggering inspection lot creation if we use only 01 inspection type in case GR from STO? Any help in this case is highly appreciated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard STO receipt triggers 08 inspection types and the standard GR in purchasing triggers an 01 inspection type.

An 05 inspection type is for a misc good issue which in standard SAP is triggered by various special material movements.

I think what you meant to ask is what inspection types are mapped to a plan usage of "5". This depends on your configuration. In configuration, you can change what usage is used by the various inspection types. So you could in theory have every inspection type all use the same plans.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the 08 standard inspection type