cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic alert configuration in Runtime Workbench in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a scenario in which i have 3 input flat files to a BPM process.........

my BPM waits for all the 3 files in a fork and on receiving all the 3 files, it transforms them to output message...........

i have put a wait condition for 2 minutes so that if in 2 minutes, all the 3 files are not got then an alert is to be generated and then i cancel the BPM process....

i have made a simple alert...........

i want a dynamic alert - meaning a alert which will specify out of the 3 files which file did not came. For example, suppose the 3 files are f1, f2, f3...... if f1 and f3 came but f2 did not came, i want a alert mail in alert inbox as "File f2 did not came".....if only f3 came, then i want a alert mail as "File f1,f2 did not came"........

<b>Can anybody suggest how to generate alerts in alert inbox in runtime workbench dynamically in this situation.....</b>

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One option is that you must be calling this three receive in a fork. For every recieve put it in a block and then give a deadline branch in which you raise the Alert. You can give the Information in the Alert text of each as to which receiver it is.

You will still need only one ALERT CATEGORY.

Please look at example in the SWCV:SAP BASIS

Name: BpmPatternReqRespAlert

Namespace: http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for replying.....

i saw the BpmPatternReqRespAlert integration process..

but i am not able to understand how the deadline branch is made in the block...since deadline branch is not a construct - so i cant drag-drop it........so can you suggest me how to make the deadline branch in the block as is done in this BpmPatternReqRespAlert......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just do a right click on the Block and

Insert-->Deadline Branch.

Once this is done you can add control.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for your suggestion of the alternate way of doing alert in my BPM scenario.

Hi All,

Can anybody suggest how to do dynamic alert configuration...means by giving a user-defined variable and populating its content in runtime in the alert mail message in alert inbox.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are welcome.

Here you go:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in transaction ALRTCATDEF, i have specified dynamic text for my alert category...........

but when i am using this alert category in my BPM control step, then the alert message which i am giving is not coming in the alert mail in alert inbox but it gives the common message in long text "Error in PWC" which i gave in long text while defining the alert category......

<b>So can anybody suggest me why my BPM alert message is not coming in the alert generated by BPM control step in the alert inbox of runtime workbench.</b>

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

<i>in transaction ALRTCATDEF, i have specified dynamic text for my alert category...........</i>

Just reiterating that you have selected the Checkbox for dynamic Text??

Also, please can you do a cache refresh and check?

Regards

Vijaya