cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display the current supervisor's information on the HCMP&F?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to develop a custom HCM processes and form and display the current supervisor's information (email, phone and personnel number). Where if the HR administrator select a process for an employee, all the information of the employee will be display include his/her supervisor's information. I have searched on the forum and didn't find any solution.

If someone has forward me the code i would be happy to use it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Solomon,

Thanks for replying to my message. We're struggling about passing the PERNR into Generic Services. How can we pass it? Do you have any code that we can use?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackie

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There should be plenty of information out there on creating a generic service, but here's one for free, Im sure you can adapt that with a bit of figuring out:

[Generic Service for drop down lists|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BPX/LoadingDropdownvalueinHCMFormsfromGenericServices]

PERNR will be one of the "special fields" added (along with others like FORM_SCENARIO_STAGE, EFFECTIVE_DATE etc) when you create your form scenario. One of the methods you may wish to look at to grab your current start object (PERNR) when you implement your BADI of basic generic service (not in front of SAP GUI right now but believe its HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_BASIC) is get_special_fields.

Good luck, they are a breeze, once you have done one you'll be flying.

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for your help. Our programmers were able to change the BADI and everything works now.

You get the ponts.

Thanks,

Jackie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are going to have to make a generic service to pull all the info you need. What will happen is that you know the employee (PERNR) so you can read all the infotypes you need. However, you will need to pass that PERNR to your generic service to then find their supervisor and gather whatver info you need to send back to display. This will be a VERY basic generic service and a good way for you to learn and understand how they work. Good luck with it!