cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vonversion and transfer PPDS plan orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created PPDS plan orders in SCM APO. Now I try to convert them in production orders by checking the flag conversion indicator in product view (TX /SAPAPO/RRP3). But the conversion does not take place. Please advise what else I have to check.

What I did:

- checked TX /SAPAPO/CP1: ok

- CIF interface up and running (no entries in /SAPAPO/CC)

Thanks

Aban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System setting needed to be rechecked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the message you are getting when setting the conversion indicator.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nandha,

I dont get any message. I just click the checkbox and save it. Thats it

Thanks

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the existence of active integration model for Planned Orders and Manufacturing Orders.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the one issue. Problem was missing entries in TX /SAPAPO/CP1.

No I am able to create prod. plan orders and they are transfered to ECC but the conversion plan to production order still does not work

Kind regards

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aban,

Setting up production orders requires a great deal of attention to detail. There are many things that can go wrong.

Generically, you must be able to see the SCM-generated planned order from within R/3, on MD04.

You must be able to log onto R/3, find the planned order, and manually convert it, in R/3, to a production order, with no errors or warnings.

When you have done this, and all your settings on both sides are properly completed, and assuming you have a valid production order Integration model active, the production order will be sent to SCM.

If these 3 steps can be done manually, then the SCM automatic conversion will work. Right now, one of these 3 steps is not possible. You have to find out which one, and then find the reason for the failure.

I suggest that you follow, step-by-step, the Best practices configuration guides. Skipping steps does not speed up the implementation process.

Replication

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Production Planning

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S16_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Detailed Scheduling

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S18_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I resolved most of problems. But one still persists:

If I create a production planned order in APO save it, leave transaction /SAPAPO/RRP3 and come back again and then set the conversion indicator, it failes (entry in /SAPAPO/CQ: "Function has not been realized/cannot be carried out". )

If I do the creation of planned order and conversion in one step, it works perfectlyM meaning that the planned order converted to production order immediately.

I also tried to fix this by running transaction /SAPAPO/CCR. Probably something is missing in integration model but what!?

Thank you for your support

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aban,

Converting a planned order to a production order actually takes place in ERP. APO just sends a signal to ERP to convert.

For the ERP side, again, the troubleshooting step is the same. You should be able to log onto ERP, find any of the APO-generated planned orders, enter this number into CO40 (Enter Planned order number only; order type and order number should be blank) and execute. You should be able to create and save a production order without warnings or errors and without further manual intervention. If this is not the case, then you have incomplete ERP Production order conversion configuration or incomplete production order master data. Have you performed this step?

If you successfully completed the above step, then you should be able to go into APO and find that newly created production order has been CIF'd to APO, and it should have replaced the APO planned order. If this is not the case, then you have not set up replication properly. Have you passed this test?

If you have diligently followed the steps contained in the three guides that I outlined earlier, you will not have replication problems! The only exception would be if your system has custom userexits that modifies any of the standard functionality of the planned order management, production order management, or Core interface functionality. I would be unable to troubleshoot such an issue, you would have to ask your local development team to find and correct the custom code problem.

Best Regards,

DB49