cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP RAR - Best Practice ECC,CRM and BW systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i have the requirement to configure RAR for the systems ECC,CRM and BW systems . Each system has only one client . whats the best practice regarding using the rules against each system . i am assuming the rules will be the same irrespective of the system but when i see the names of the initial files , they are system specific . can anybody elloborate around this . thanks

Regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The rules in all these 3 systems will be different. There is a different rule set for CRM. There is no ruleset for BW. So it is recommended that we use atleast basis rule set. For ECC you use the R/3 rule set. For CRM the crm ruleset + Basis ruleset.

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

To build on Chinmaya's explanation, make sure you use a logical system for CRM, BI, and ECC for the basis portion of the rule set (and only the basis portion). This will keep you from duplicating your rules to meet your basis requirements. The other rules should be attributed to the individual systems (or additional logical systems if including mult landscapes, ex. Dev, QA, and Prod ECC merged into one ECC logical system).

Answers (0)