Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR Risk Analysis Issue in Background Mode - "Failed to Display Result"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have strange problem in RAR.

When I run risk analysis for 20 users in background mode, the job got successful but the spool file is empty. But at the bottom of page there is a message: "Failed to Display Result".

The Job log is showing the following message couple of times:

WARNING: ./virsa/bgJobSpool/19.i (No such file or directory)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./virsa/bgJobSpool/19.i (No such file or directory)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:89)

at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:62)

But When I try to run for few users (like 6 memebrs where selection criteria is AUDIT*) in same way, the spool details got displayed this time. But the log is showing strange error messages this time:

Nov 15, 2010 3:53:53 PM com.virsa.cc.common.util.ExceptionUtil logError

SEVERE: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.virsa.cc.comp.wdp.IPublicBackendAccessInterface$IAuthForUserInputElement.wdGetObject(IPublicBackendAccessInterface.java)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeElement.getAttributeAsText(NodeElement.java:888)

Nov 15, 2010 3:53:55 PM com.virsa.cc.dataextractor.bo.DataExtractorSAP getObjPermissions

FINEST: getObjPermissions: elapsed time=1436ms

Nov 15, 2010 3:53:55 PM com.virsa.cc.common.message.util.MessagingHelper getMessage

INFO:

********msg: 'com.virsa.cc.common.message.dao.dto.MessageDTO@34d834d8'

Any ideas please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said above... detail you can find in SAP note 1088481

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh & Supreet,

I have maintained the folder path as mentioned in the above note only (the complete path was given in my earlier reply).

Also the system was restarted after updating the details. But still it didn't worked out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as log states

WARNING: ./virsa/bgJobSpool/19.i (No such file or directory)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./virsa/bgJobSpool/19.i (No such file or directory)

"No such file or directory"

file is not accessible to RAR, check permissions to folder and accessibilty to RAR....

Kindly invovle your MS resource

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the OS is a unix blend, than the path would be case sensitive.

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the permissions for the directory where the background job logs are stored. Give Read/write permission.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very common issue when you have a clustered server with more than one node. Sometimes, when you run the job it runs on one node and when you try to display the result RAR is using another node. Now, RAR can not find the files to generate the result of the background job. If you go to configuration -> miscellaneous and provide a folder accessible by this server in 'Background Job Spool File Location', you would not see this error. By default, background job spool files get stored under the server's job log folder.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

You are correct. The issue is due to multi node environment.

But when I tried to define a custom spool folder path: usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance No>/log/virsa/bgJobSpool (in RAR - Miscellaneous - spool files location for background jobs) & run the risk analysis report in background mode, still RAR is saving the spool files in default location only.

Can you suggest me if I am wrongly defining the location of folder?

Should we define the complete location of the folder i.e starting with drive letter or path starting with user/* is sufficient?

Regards,

Dasarad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you restart the server after putting value for the spool file location. I can not remember UNIX path as I have not used it for couple of months. We have provided Drive letter for the windows set up.

Regards,

Alpesh