cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD configuration on a standalone Java WAS 640 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing Compliance Collaborator 5.1 on an SAP Java WAS 640 server. SLD is listed as a req so the plan is to use one of the WAS Java servers to host the SLD. According to the SLD docs, the abap systems connect to the SLD via an SAP gateway. The docs use a system a to system b (b being the SLD server) mapping to display how data is communicated. An SAP gateway is shown as the target for the ABAP systems. Since there is only the a to b displayed, I get confused as to which gateway is used i.e. the one in the source Abap system, or one on the WAS Java server. I found a doc that says you need to install a standalone gateway on a standalone Java WAS 640 server to enable the data bridge for SLD, so I am getting the feeling that the gateway in the pictures runs on the the WAS java 640 server. But, I can't seem to find any info on installing a gateway on a standalone SAP WAS Java 640 system. I am probably making this more complicated than it needs to be, but with all the above, if I have a Java only WAS install and want to use it to host the SLD, do I need to install a standalone gateway on that same host?

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajat,

My understanding is that the SLD bridge is automatically configured between the SLD and the standalone gateway. How can I double check if the the SLD bridge is configured for the standalone gateway. The SLD and the standalone server are on the same physical server.

Thanks.

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to give the details of the gateway .Go to administration(of your sld)--

profile--

datasupplier.You get the option of giving the gateway details there.

Hope you got your answer.In case of any doubts revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Lets take your doubts one be one:

1.Your consfusion regarding the gateway?

Ans: In abap the gateway is installed by default during the installation but in Java you need a gateway to be installed it seperately.

2.How to install a standalone gateway?

Ans:Go through the installation guide or if you have NW04S instaalation master cd ,run sapinst and standalone engine--

gateway-gateway installation.

3.Why you need a gateway?

Ans:standalone Java Server running an SLD needs a SAP gateway to be able to cummunicate with an ABAP Server.

4.If only java engines are there in the landscape,do you need a gateway?

Ans: NO

5.You can have one sld and hook all other java systems to it.

For more info visit the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0f/74e2963e4f9840ab9a4b9e10c5ebcb/frameset.htm

Hope your doubts are answered.If you still have some doubts revert back.

Reward with maximum points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I just noticed your posting. We are in the very similar situation. But, we are using CC 5.2 on Windows. We are running a pure Java WAS 7.0. Since the Java WAS does not come with a gateway as with the ABAP WAS, we have installed the standalone gateway on the same server and configured the SLD Bridge to connect to the standalone gateway. I am now having trouble configuring an ABAP system to connect to the standalone gateway. I am using RZ70 on the ABAP system. The RFC SLD_UC that is created by RZ70 fails to find the standalone gateway.

Were you ever able to get your setup to work? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Claudio