cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SAP R3 4.7 on vmware enviroment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an SAP R3 release 4.7 with SAP Basis 6.20 (Kernel 6.40) on a 32bit physical hardware.

Can I virtualize it on vmware esx server? Is this SAP release supported on vmware enviroment?

Thanks in advanced

Moreno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes... but no.

4.7 is out of support, so, it cannot be supported on VMWare... but will rpobably wokr on VMWare.

my recommendation: upgrade as soon as possible... then starting thinks about VM later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

you mean that 4.7 on vmware enviroment is not certified solution by SAP?

Thanks

Moreno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what OS do you use for your SAP system?

I've recently migrated some old 4.6C system running native on Windows 2003 with Oracle 9 to a VMWare server using the same OS. So far it works without problems.

But please note, that it is not supported (as mentioned above) and that the system is no longer used produtively. It is just a read-only system.

Kind regards,

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using 4.7 Ext 110 or Ext 200 ?

for Ext 200, SAP extended support end on 31.03.2013.

And, SAP supports VMWare.

But, if using Oracle, Oracle still does not fully support VMWare. If you hit a special problem, Oracle might ask you to replicate the same issue on a physical server.

I invite you to read this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

my SAP release is 4.7 ext. set 1.10.

From chapter 5 on SAP note 1409608:

5 Configuration requirements

For productive SAP systems

- All SAP applications that are based on SAP NetWeaver '04 SR1 (kernel 6.40) and higher are supported for productive use as

long as you have implemented enhanced monitoring for virtualization. Check the requirements and minimum support

package levels mentioned in Note 1409604 for the activation of the enhanced monitoring.

If I understand SAP support only release NetWeaver '04 and higher, then from SAP Basis 6.40.

My SAP release have SAP Basis 6.20 so it does not supported.

Is it correct what I wrote above?

Thanks

Moreno

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you understood that right.

and SAP 4.7 ext 1.10 is not supported anymore, so, it ain't supported on VMWare neither.

VMware is not an option for you... unless you upgrade. an upgrade to EXT 2.00 should be easy and you will be supported until 2013 and be able to use VMWARE.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically should be.