cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the difference between Positive Liste and BP Release in SPL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Where is the difference between setting a Business Partner on a

Positive or Negative List and release or block a business partner in SPL?

I thought that should be almost the same. Hope you can clarify it.

Thanks

Regards

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

May i know where is the customising on memory check?

Thank you,

Alvin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SPL Customizing under "Control Settings for SPL Screening Service -> Take Past Check Results into Account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for that very interesting info.

In general is it recommended to set this flag?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I would, because if you dont then all the BP's you have released get blocked again if someone does a complete SPL Check.

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

The difference is the following:

If you put a partner on a negative or positive list it no longer gets screened. so, unless you screen the positive or negative list explicitly, the partner is no longer screened, and of course the one on the positive list is never blocked and the other one always free.

If you release a Partner the Partner then the following happens (depending on the customizing).

1. If you do not have set the memory function in the customizing then the partner stays unblocked until you launch a new screening run and, if it gets hit against a list entry, it will be blocked again

2. If you do have the Memory function ticked in the customizing then the partner gets screened and released when you do a screening run (in contrary to the positive and negative list it does get screened, but automatically released). But if there is a new or changed entry that matches with the released partner, the partner gets blocked.

Regards,

Marc