cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce Remaining Order Planned value for services with PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'am looking for a way to reduce the remaining or residual order plan value for a network activity with services where the amount on the PO is below the planned value. If for example the planned value amounts up to 1000 and the PO has been reduced due to negotiations to 900, a remainder order plan of 100 remains on the network activity till the activity is technically closed.

Is there a way to reduce the ROP when a PO exists for the network activity?

Thanks, Geert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What have you tried so far?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a test with ZBPFCI25, but excluding all remaining order planned values from the assigned value calculation and reports is too drastic. I didn't see a way to use the project's data to clear the flags selectively according the PO exists indicator on the network activity, so I abandoned that track...

To my knowledge there are no other user-exits for assigned value calculation and reporting.

Changing the network activity before creating the PO was rejected by the business; adding a budget tolerance by the direction...

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my perspective I am not sure why I would like to change the plan value to maintain the plan value as is for comparison

What are you trying to achieve?

Unless you are running RA where the basis is plan value, only then I would have concerns otherwise can't see the need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are combining an early visibility of all costs and a strict budget availability control with a formal procedure for project managers to request additional budget.

We have more and more projects where a part of the budget remains blocked in ROP for service activities because the planned value was more pessimistic than the real PO amount. Since these service activities are typically executed at the end of the project that part remains blocked. Of course the project managers want to use that marging elsewhere without having to pass a request for additional budget.

We have no issue with the network activity planned costs remaining visible, we just want the ROP to be 0 when a the purchase requisition for the service activity has been transformed into a purchase order. In the above example 100 of the budget would be freed for other use.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think you can set off ROP for a particular activity. But, If you dont want ROP to be calculated for a service activity, I would suggest you this, when you create service activity do not enter any cost in for the service items, just enter only service and quantity. Now when you make budget, include an approximate value for the services.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you confirm the activity, you have a option ''clear open reservations''. Try to check that if it erases the open order plan value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirming the network activity doesn't reduce the open ROP.