cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger an existing thread to be placed in another forum?

CBasis
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators, dear forum users,

I just found two (old) threads that are unanswered and placed in a totally wrong forum:

[Output tray in Format SPAD transaction currently in SolManForum|/thread/901566 [original link is broken];

[Printing to a Specific Output Bin currently in NWAdministrator Forum|;

and even this one is a bit better, but does not fit to the ABAP-forum either:

[|]

Now i would like to trigger them to be placed to the correct or at least a better forum:

[SAP NetWeaver Platform|;

Should I write a reply and asking the initiator to please place it into the right forum?

It think, that this is to complicated, because I like to give a reply regarding the issue itself that maybe helps answering.

( I was looking for the answer myself, thatu2019s why I found the threads by using the search.)

Waiting for the guy to place the/new thread in the right forum, would be not a good solution.

I tried to find out in a WIKI or FAQ how to handle this, but didnu2019t find an answer.

I got lost when looking for the Forum-FAQ to find an answer to my question:

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1]

"Please see our Wiki for FAQ & use the search before posting."

But there seems to be no FAQ .... and nowhere else a linked FAQ that covers my questionu2026.

My question is very basic and there is for sure somewhere a related answer, but it seems not be easy to find or at least not in the FAQ.

Can you please give me a hint.

Best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi christian,

Press the yellow button in the thread and notify your wish to moderator, then the action will be taken by moderators.

regards

Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CBasis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

thank you for response.

It looks like i'm to friendly for this world.

"Report abuse" wasn't an option i would have chosen.

But looks like your right. The one who opened up the thread didn't followed the rule to think about the correct forum first and the place the thread.

Therefore i will follow your suggestion.

Thx & Best regards

Christian

CBasis
Participant
0 Kudos

It's me again.

I'm still not happy with this procedure and the options when "Reporting abuse" are pretty tough:

- General Abuse

- Profanity

- Explicit Content

- Impersonation

- Harassment

- Slander

- Racial Abuse

- Religious Abuse

- Spam

- Private Information

- Failed to search properly

I'm going to choose "General Abuse" this time, but i'll place an idea at [ideas.sap.com] to add another option:

"Question ok, but wrong forum"

Christian

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, we had several discussions about these categories in the past, probably some defaults by the forum software vendor, they don't reflect the reality in the forums.

98% of the time "general abuse" is being chosen, occasionally "spam", luckily we had no cases of "racial" or "religious abuse" yet, as far as I remember. "failed to search properly" has been added as of late.

Idea place is the right place for your suggestion.

I also think that "report abuse" is a bit harsh in some cases, "inform moderator" or so would be better. You can add this as well, if you want.

Thomas

CBasis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

ok, i did it:

Here is the idea ready to be commented and ready to be voted for/against:

https://ideas.sap.com/ideas/1887

I asked for reordering the options as well to get the more realistic ones on top.

Feel free to modify the idea and forward the voting to your moderator colleages.

Best regards

Christian

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for taking this up in Idea Place. Thomas and I and a few others have been fighting for these options for the last decade... or so it seems...

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like this idea, and voted too.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great idea. Definitely something I will also try to help promote.

Take care,

Stephen

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does seem like a decade to us as well

My only words of consolation. We will be having vendor focused conversations in our team so timing is right for pressuring implementation.

(says she of always eternal optimism)