cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administration of customer credits/deposits

0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

we are looking for a possibility how we could handle following request in SAP:

A customer has a credit/deposit of 6000,00 EUR (was part of machine sale, can be used for training or parts).

If the customer applies for a training then the costs of 3000,00 EUR should not be charged(invoiced), the costs should be cleared/charged against the deposit. So the customer will not receive an invoice, but the deposit is only 3000,00 EUR now.

If the customer applies for another training and the costs will be 3500,00 EUR this time, then 3000,00 EUR should be taken from the deposit and the customer should receive an invoice for the remaining 500,00 EUR.

Is there any way how we can handle this in SAP? We are currently using Excel for the administration and everything is done manually.

Could you please give me a hint? Thank you!

Best regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

This can be mapped with "Down payment / Advance payment request".

Find the link for more info.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45B/helpdata/en/dd/56163b545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How do you plan to reflect the charges for Training in Accounts?

As per my undersanding it would be reflected as "Sales of Services"

When you charge the Customer for first Training, 3,000 EUR should be reduced from his total deposit of 6,000 EUR.

Similarly when you charge the Customer for next Training (3,500 EUR) the deposit is fully utilised & you have to receive from Customer 500 EUR.

If you want to execute the above transactions in SAP then you will have to create Invoices.

I can think of followings steps:

1. Enter Customer Deposit / Advance payment for 6,000 EUR

2. Create Service Material (not relevant for Delivery) for Training.

3. Maintain necesary Condition Records for Training (you can use Scales for incremental pricing) or basic Price for Training can be entered manually in Sales Order.

4. Create Invoice for Training (There will be no delivery)

As you create Invoices the Deposit will automatically exhaust & finally 500 EUR will be shown as Receivables from Customer.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,.

Jignesh Mehta