cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field at header level added as drop down not getting saved .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have added a custom field at header level for SC and PO through SPRO .

I can see the custom field on both SC and PO .

I wanted this field as a dropdown . The drop down values are fetched from a Custom Ztable .

I added drop down on the web dynpro views( for both SC and PO ) and did the binding between this Drop down UI element on screen to the field Which I had added to the INCLUDE structures .

All this is working and I also get the value selected as drop down in the DOC_CHANGE BADI .

The Problem is that even when I save the Document , the document gets saved and I am not able to see the value selected from the drop down for this custom field .

Any Ideas ? Can anyone see what is going wrong ?

Regards,

Ambar Patil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understood what the problem was .

The name of the fields in the structures INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF_SC and INCL_EEW_PD_HEADER_CSF should be same .

I had put different field names .

former_member193821
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Plz check customization which you have done above again.

Check configuration for meta data : IMG>SRM Server> Cross application basic settings> Extensionsand and field control> Configure field control.

To change the value of the custom field,we use the BADI "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI".If possible provide the logic which you have written for population of fields.

Thanks and Regards,

P.Bharadwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ,

I have written my code in the DOC CHANGE BADI .

The vaue aslo gets transferred from IS_HEADER to ES_HEADER .

Still when the SC gets saved , I dont see my value selected from the drop down .

Anybody ? Any ideas ?

Please advise .

Regards,

Ambar