SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-transaction 0040 has a special meaning

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Please guide me about the following query:

While using combination of 0020-0040 in a rate step (for fixed charges 15-16 combination), i am getting the following error message :"Sub-transaction 0040 has a special meaning" while earlier there was no error.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error that you are getting (message ID-AH, message no.-671) is getting triggerred from the FM ISU_DB_TEIVV_SELECT_EXT_TRANS from a include program LEA16F06.

The combination of main\sub 0020\0040 is an internal main\sub transaction.

I think the problem is in the allocation of the internal main\sub transaction.

Go to the following path under SPRO-

IMG->Financial Accounting(new)->Contract Account receivables & payable->Basic Functions->Posting &Documents->Document->mainatin Document Assignments->mainatin Trnsaction for IS-U->mainatin Transaction for other receivables

Clcik on the 'Allocate transactions to internal transactions" and look for the combination of 0020\0040.

Once you find the combination, delete the entry.

And then try to add the combination of 0020-0040 in a rate step.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in which table do you use the sub-transaction or in which transaction do you receive the error message?

The message says, that do you has deposit a wrong transactionm in customizing.

Best regards.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

In transaction code EA32, while changing something else in a rate step, i found this error. Whereas earlier it was maintained without any error. Why, at this time when i am making changes in the variant control, this error is appearing.

Error Log is given below:

-

Sub-transaction 0040 has a special meaning

Message no. AH671

Diagnosis

Subtransaction 0040 in combination with main transaction 0050 exists in table TFKTVO. These subtransactions have a special meaning (such as transfer postings in invoicing) and can therefore not be used in the rate steps.

-

Actually, earlier there was no error of such kind.....but suddenly now it is giving such an error message.

Kindly suggest.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Nov 15, 2010 10:26 AM

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Nov 16, 2010 1:34 PM

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Nov 16, 2010 2:01 PM

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Nov 18, 2010 7:19 AM

0 Kudos

Hello,

could you solve the problem with the informations from Amlan?

Best regards

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the solution given by Amlan, but i am not able to find any entry there of the mentioned combination.

But earlier there was no error of such kind.

Please suggest what could be the reason.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

MP:

While Amlan's procedure would work for the basic problem of assignment to internal main/sub. The bigger issue is why you want to use main transaction 0020 within a rate step. Within a rate step, you can only maintain the subtransactions - and the main transaction is not changeable. How/Why do you want to do this?

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Extremly sorry for the wrong communication of the problem (it was by mistake done), actually '0020' is Budget Billing Debit Sub Transaction and '0040' is Budget Billing Cr. Sub Transaction.

Please suggest what should i do to correct the mentioned problem.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Nov 19, 2010 5:44 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I have told in my previous post go to the following path under SPRO-

IMG->Financial Accounting(new)->Contract Account receivables & payable->Basic Functions->Posting &Documents->Document->mainatin Document Assignments->mainatin Trnsaction for IS-U->mainatin Transaction for other receivables

Clcik on the 'Allocate transactions to internal transactions" and look for main\sub combination of 0050\0020 and main\sub combination of 0050\0040.

You will find two entries there as follows-

IMTR ISTR MT ST

0050 0020 0050 0020

0050 0040 0050 0040

Once you find the above set of combinations, just remove the combination of 0050\0020 and 0050\0040 from the MT\ST section and leave it as blank and then save it.

After you have performed then try to add the sub transaction of 0020 and 0040 in the rate step.

I hope you will not encounter the error again.

Cheers,

Amlan

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error that you are getting (message ID-AH, message no.-671) is getting triggerred from the FM ISU_DB_TEIVV_SELECT_EXT_TRANS from a include program LEA16F06.

The combination of main\sub 0020\0040 is an internal main\sub transaction.

I think the problem is in the allocation of the internal main\sub transaction.

Go to the following path under SPRO-

Clcik on the 'Allocate transactions to internal transactions" and look for the combination of 0020\0040.

Once you find the combination, delete the entry.

And then try to add the combination of 0020-0040 in a rate step.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

I have found that this combination does not exists in the provided path.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards.

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Nov 18, 2010 7:21 AM