cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install application server error due to parameter rdisp/msserv_internal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert:

When I install an extra application server(DI) for our ECC 6.0 production system,we met this error:"profile parameter rdisp/msserv_internal is not set for your instance ASCS09/<SID> on host XXX.you have to set this paramter in default profile and restart the instance. For further information pls refer to SAP note 821875".

After that I checked the default profile and parameter is correct.I tried to searched some solutions in google and found many people had met this error before,but no one paint an solution can fix this issue.

related link

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/rdispmsserv_internal-1445997

I have checked these thing below:

The access control list of the profile directory on central instance server,the parameter in default profile,the trust relation between central instance server and DI server.

Also I checked the installation guide and found these

Installing dialog instance(s) for an SAP system upgraded to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3

If you want to install a dialog instance for an SAP system upgraded to

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3, do the following:

ABAP+Java system

================

1. Edit DEFAULT.PFL.a) Insert a line with the parameter u2018rdisp/msserv_internal = u2018and set it to a free port number.2. Edit the central services instance profile.a) Set the parameter u2018rdisp/msservu2019 to 0.b) Insert a line with the parameter u2018rdisp/msserv_internal = u2018and set it to the port number that was assigned before to rdisp/msserv.c) Restart all instances.

Example:

========

DEFAULT.PFL

Before:

u2026

rdisp/msserv = sapms

u2026

After:

u2026

rdisp/msserv = sapms

rdisp/msserv_internal =

u2026Central services instance profile:

Before:

u2026

rdisp/msserv = 4711

u2026

After:

u2026

rdisp/msserv = 0

rdisp/msserv_internal = 4711

u2026

but I don't think this is the solution for my issue.because the application server I tried to install is our third application server, we already have two application server installed before ,but the central instance profile hadn't modified these entries.

I will be very appreciate if any one could give me some help?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,We found the solution for this issue.After we mount NFS /sapmnt/<SID> to local mount point,we have to create a local directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS and link these two directory.And then the install will successful.

BTW ,the installation guide said AIX will use port 39XX for NIM server,I checked the NIM server just use port 3901 and 3902,so we can use the rest port for parameter rdisp/msserv_internal like 3909,that's what we used.

Thank you very much for your concern.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei -

I am having the exact error. How did you link the directory to get pass the error? I try to link /usr/sap/SID/profile to /sapmnt/SID/profile and reran the ./sapinst but still got the same error. Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Kiet Tran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wen,

>Hi everyone,We found the solution for this issue.After we mount NFS /sapmnt/<SID> to local mount point,we have to >create a local directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS and link these two directory.And then the install will successful.

You solution helped me for resolving my problem.

Thanks.

john_namala
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All

Im also trying to do the application server instalatio nand facing the same issue

Im getting the following error

ERROR 2011-06-07 15:49:18.336 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:260]

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: in getMsPort() rdisp/msserv_no not possible. You need a newer message server.

ERROR 2011-06-07 15:49:18.337

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: in getMsPort() rdisp/msserv_no not possible. You need a newer message server..

ERROR 2011-06-07 15:49:18.453 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:951]

FCO-00011 The step getMsPort with step key |NW_DI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_GetSidFromProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_checkMsgServer|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|getMsPort was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: in getMsPort() rdisp/msserv_no not possible. You need a newer message server..).

Please advise me if the solution is to mount the /sapmnt/<SID> fro mthe central instance to the application server where the installation is currently happening

Regards

John Namala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John Namala,

On your application where you are performing installation kindly check inside /usr/sap/PIP/SYS directory.

Directory global and profile are exists if yes,

They are pointing to respective directory in /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/global and /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/profile ?

Thanks & Regards,

Nikunj Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Mark's reply.

Due to the production system ,I can not change the parameter of the central service instance profile right now ,but I checked the default profile and these parameters have set correctly.

Also I have send this issue as a message to SAP,once i got the solution,I will paste it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't check, you never know if this is the solution for your problem..

Kind regards,

Mark