Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting focus works strange after upgrade

pekka_pottonen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just upgraded to 7.01, and now setting focus to field works strange after visiting popup.

We have a scenario where hitting enter activates material search, material search uses componen usage,

CALL METHOD lo_window_manager->create_window_for_cmp_usage

EXPORTING

interface_view_name = 'BASIC_MATERIAL_HELP'

component_usage_name = 'MATERIAL_HELP'

close_in_any_case = abap_true

RECEIVING

window = lo_window.

This opens a popup. After selecting material we return to original dynpro, but cursor does not move to next field.

This is set in MODIFYVIEW like this

lr_elem = view->get_element( id = 'IN_MENGE' ).

IF lr_elem IS BOUND.

view->request_focus_on_view_elem( lr_elem ).

ENDIF.

If I click anywhere in the dynpro after that, no matter where, even in "empty" spot, focus gets set. Somehow it looks that returning from popup, does not return control to original browser.

Our production is not upgraded yet, and this works just fine in there.

Do I have to change something to make this works again?

Regads,

Pekka Pottonen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pekka_pottonen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implementing note 1520245 solved the problem.

Regards,

Pekka

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Since the problem is most likely in the JavaScript or HTML rendering on the client side, you really must open a support ticket. I donu2019t believe that it is anything you can control on your side. If you set a breakpoint in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW, you should be able to confirm if the server event is triggering (which from your description I imagine it is). It is as though the JavaScript execution or the way the browser is handling the focus request is simply different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems to me that there is no round trip after you close popup. Try to handle the close event of the POPUP and there by you are forcing the roundtrip.

It may be just the workaround , worth to test.

Greetings

Senthi

pekka_pottonen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an event existing, FILL_DATA_SELECTED, (event VH_DATA_SELECTED, controller INTERFACECONTROLLER, componen use MATERIAL_HELP), this is called after closing popup and it gets peformed. Still the control is not returned to the calling dynpro. Clicking browser areas(like moving browser) does not return control, only by clicking somewhere in the dynpro area.

Any more ideas? We will upgrade our productive environment this weekend, and this new behaviour is surely not accepted by the users.

Regards

Pekka