cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVAH - Usage of field Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was looking at changing the message V4 115 from a warning to error format and tried to use the transaction [OVAH]. I see the field "Version" and the SAP help states this field can be used for each sold to party. Can someone let me know how to use this field for a particular customer. I do not see any field called "Version" in the customer master and was wondering how to make this message an error for a few sold to parties rather than an global change.

Regards,

Pratheb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Using a version, you can designate how the system should react to errors during checks

on the incoming delivery schedules of a particular sold-to party. You can set the system

to issue a warning message, an error message, or no message at all. You can also, for

example, set all the messages to be issued as errors. Here please Note that in the standard system,

all variable messages are issued as warnings.

Path SPRO - S&D - Sales - Sales Documents - Scheduling Agreements with Delivery Schedule - Control EDI Inbound Processing - Define Special Features for Scheduling Agreement

Create a new Entry here and enter the details like Sold to Party, Unloading Point, Version etc...

Hope this will suffice your question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishikesh,

Appreicate your help. It has answered my question.

Regards,

Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishikesh,

In OVAH, i have copied message V4 115 into a new messge with version Z1. Also in the path you had mentioned, I have assigned my Sold to Party with Version Z1. However the sytem still does not pick the message attributes from the Z1 version. Are we missing something here? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nadaharaja

It is a special feature available for Delivery Schedule . It allows to define for each sold-to party or combination of sold-to party/unloading point how delivery schedules are to be processed. The system checks this record in Customizing for every incoming delivery schedule. If it cannot find a record for the

particular sold-to party, it issues an error message and ends processing of the IDoc.

For E.g

VW: Version 01 _ Message 071 (message type: error)

Autos Inc.: Version 02 __ Message 071 (message type: none)

In this example, version 01 has been defined for VW and contains message 071:

"Check item X, quantity change exceeds the change tolerance". This message has

been designated as an error message.

Version 02 has been defined for Autos Inc. Since the customer does not attach much

importance to tolerance levels, no message category has been assigned to message

071. If the system determines that a tolerance level has been exceeded, no message

will be issued.

If we want to activate a special rule for an automobile manufacturer

You can use this field to refer to any of the various user exits that you program for EDI

processing. The system will then take the user exits into account when processing

delivery schedules for the automobile manufacturer that you designate.

An automobile manufacturer sends material numbers in just-in-time (JIT) delivery

schedules in a different format than in forecast delivery schedules. You program a

user exit to convert the format of material numbers sent in JIT delivery schedules to

match that in forecast delivery schedules.

Enter a delivery prefix for the customer delivery number

Customers often use only a portion of your internal delivery number for their records,

usually the last few digits. When they send this number in a delivery schedule, the

system adds to it the prefix that you have entered here to find the internal delivery

number. The system uses the last internal delivery to check self-billing documents Or you can manually call up the last delivery to check or recalculate cumulative quantities.

_ Specify whether the system should use the customer purchase order number or unloading point sent in the delivery schedule to find the related scheduling agreement.

_ Specify how data on packaging material sent in a delivery schedule should be handled

You can set the system to:

_ Automatically send a mail informing the employee responsible that packaging data is

available for processing.

_ Send a mail, and copy the data as text into the scheduling agreement

_ Ignore packaging data altogether

_ Copy data into the scheduling agreement with no mail

_ Specify whether an employee should be notified if general texts are sent in a delivery schedule

_ Activate test runs for delivery schedules.

When you set this indicator, the system does not automatically process an incoming

delivery schedule. It sends the employee responsible a mail and the IDoc must then be

processed manually.

Hope this will help you..

Regards

Hrishikesh K