Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic for finding Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

can any one help me in knowing how does system searches storage bin

when I create TO systen finds Storage bin automaticaly . How does excately system reaches to find this Storage bin.

Like in case or Pricing procedure

once system find Pricising procedure

it goes to condition type , this condition type have access Sequence and in turn Assess have condition table and in this condition table we have condition record

if system finds and condition recod it gives that valu to that condition type

and the process is repeted for otehr condition type

in the same way i will like to know how system finds storage bin while creating TO.

Thanks for ur help in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The system finds the bin based on the search strategies you have created

There are strategies for three operations

these are

A This is for stock removal

E This is for stock placement

2 This is for 2 step picking

If for instance your strategy for 'E' is St type 001 and then 002 and your placement strategy in your st type is for 'next empty bin'

The system will go to st type 001 and place the stock in the first empty bin it finds and if there are none in 001 it will go to 002 etc etc

If the system runs out of st types and bins you will get a message 'system cannot finf destination storage bin' which means that it has searched using the strategies you defined and there are no empty bins to be found

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Fixed bin strategy:

You have to maintain the Fixed bin information in your material master. Stock placement and stock removal strategies must be updated in the material master. It means, the system always look this bin for putaway and picking process.

The following config must be in place:

SPRO > LE > WM > Strategies > Putaway strategies > Define strategy for Fixed bins.

If it is dynamic bin search: (Finding the next bin, if the first bin is not available) the prober search strategy must be defined here.

SPRO>LE>WM>Strategies>Putaway Strategies

SPRO>LE>WM>Strategies>Placement Strategies

Follwing SAP link may be helpful to you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/c6/f8457a4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f844694afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope it helps.