cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detaching Journal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are moving our journal library to different disk we have successfully executed ENDJRNPF and created a savefile and with SAVLIB have saved journals.

Now we require to delete journal with command DLTJRNRCV JRNRCV(R3PRDJRN/QSQJRN*) - all journals was deleted except one since it was in attach mode

Hence used CHGJRN JRN(R3PRDDATA/QSQJRN) JRNRCV(R3PRDJRN/QSQJRN0409) DLTRCV(*YES). But recieved message as

Message . . . . : Error on JRNRCV specifications.

Cause . . . . . : Journal receiver QSQJRN0409 in library R3PRDJRN already

contains journal entries.

Recovery . . . : Change the journal receiver name and try the request

again.

Please advice

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you moved the JOURNAL or moving the RECEIVERS? Are you using a MIMIX-like product? If moving just the receivers and you don't have MIMIX, you can create a new receiver in a new library and CHGJRN to the new receiver. If you want to move the receiver library, like to a new ASP, you can CHGJRN once to a temporary library, like R3sidJRNT, save and restore or recreate the library on the new ASP, then CHGJRN back to the moved one. If you are using MIMIX, there is a procedure from Vision to do the same thing so it doesn't lose remote journal connections.

I've not seen a system where the journal itself isn't in the same library as the data, R3sidDATA, so I suspect you're changing the receivers. At the moment, sounds like you're trying to CHGJRN to a receiver that already exists. There is a *GEN option to generate a new receiver, or you can create a new receiver QSQJRN0410 and use CHGJRN to switch to it.

Does that help or am I misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inputs

We have our journal library that are installed in IASP33 we want to move it to IASP34

Hence applied ENDJRNPF then saved into a save file all the journals of IASP33. Now require to delete journal Lib and recievers. Hence all recievers were deleted except the attached one reciever.

Hence using CHGJRN command failed as i mentioned in my previous message

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Also to add we are not using MIMIX and we have installed R3SIDDATA and R3SIDJRN in same IASP33 as it was adviced by SAP

Best Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorrydidn't realize you were working with an independent ASPI don't have as much experience with that. But I would assume the process would be the same. When I've moved them in the past, I didn't even end journaling:

- CRTJRNRCV to create QSQJRNnnnn in a temporary library, perhaps QTMPJRN

- CHGJRN to the new QTMPJRN/QSQJRNnnnn journal receiver

- wait a few minutes for all commits to complete in the old receiver

- save the original journal receiver library and journal receivers

- delete the original journal receiver library and journal receivers

- CRTLIB for the original journal receiver library in your new ASP

- CRTJRNRCV to create QSQJRNmmmm journal receiver in the journal receiver library in the new ASP

- CHGJRN to the QSQJRNmmmm journal receiver

- you may need to be a little careful with receiver backups, to make sure the backup follows the chain to the QTMPJRN receiver, but you should be fine if you keep an eye on it.

From where you are, your system must be down, since you've ended journaling, so you should be able to delete the 0409 receiver, shouldn't you? It sounds like you're trying to change the journal to an existing, in use, receiver.

If I understand correctly, and if you're not too concerned about the old receiver entries (or have them all saved), you should be able to delete the receiver, and even the journal if you need to, create the new journaling environment on the new ASP, and restart journaling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inputs

Was able to detach the journal by DLTJRN then completed successfully the RSTLIB for moving all journals to IASP34 from SAVF

Now when we are executing

CRTJRNRCV JRNRCV(R3PRDJRN/QSQJRN0410) ASP(34) THRESHOLD(1500000)

system message is

Message . . . . : Range of parameter ASP does not include 34.

Cause . . . . . : The specified value must be greater than or equal to 1 and

less than or equal to 32.

Recovery . . . : Enter a value that is within the range defined for the

parameter or one of the special values that is defined for the parameter.

More information on parameters and special values can be found in the CL

Reference manual.

Do you have any suggestions

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Have executed the command successfully with ASP(*LIBASP)

and completed with AS4FIXFILE have started SAP. Thanks for your inputs

Best Regards,