cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of new item during Sales delivery

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

1. While creating a delivery, it is possible to add a new line Item ( a new material ) to the delivery vl02n, even though the material may not be present in my preceeding Sales Order. Why does SAP allow that ?

How can i stop it from doing that, i guess copy control tweaking

2. Also , its a client requirement that we be able to create deliveries for a future date, & the will do Goods Issue when the date has come. They just want to create deliveries & keep . But of corse, it gives me the "schedule line not available for the date error", though the material is there. Any way to get around that ?

Help appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it is possible to add a new line Item  to the delivery  though the 
    material may not be present in my preceeding Sales Order

How can i stop it

Go to OVLK, select your delivery type and click on "details". You will find a field for "item requirement". For LF, the standard entry is 202. Change this to 101, so that this will prevent manual entries without referencing a sales order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Did you try creating deliveries in future date ( Pressume, you are would like to enter future date in Selection date of VL01N screen)?

System will allow to create deliveries on any date, but should be on or after the confirmed / MAD delivery date.

Test in system , update the forum with test results.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

0 Kudos

@ Balaji , reazzudin: Yes i am changing the first date on the sales order screen for future delivery. Changing the proposed delivery date in vov8 just does not populate the current date as delivery date but does not resolve.

Today is Nov 15, & if i change the first date to 25 Nov, i get a cdonfirmed quantity in schedule line for that date, however on creating a delivery it says" no schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date" .

If i change the delivery date to today( 15 Nov), then i can create the delivery. Else i can not

@ Laxmipathi : Oh Yes changing the item requirement to 101 works, thank you so much . I just hope that there are no other repercussions. Will test more & let you know the results. Although these delivery Types are being used in SD only, so should not affect others( WM,Logistics)

NB: How can i post screen shots in my reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for updates.

yes lakshmipathi sir is right.

regards,

balajia

0 Kudos

Yes , Mr lakshmipathi was absolutely right .

Also i can create the deliveries for a future date using VL10e (schedule line) , going 30 days in advance. thanks

Any way to increase this cap of 30 days

Thanks

A

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First try to develop the habit of updating the forum as and when you post any question. The record says, you have posted 8 questions so far, and in none of the occasions, you responded for members' query.

You will get responses automatically once you develop this habit.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Lakshmipathi, yes i will try & be more conscientious the next time

@ balaji: 1. yes i will try/test & come back to you know with the results

2. Me looking for some standard way, to be able to creates deliveries on future dates, if there is any way ie

thnx

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Me looking for some standard way, to be able to creates deliveries on future dates, if there is any way ie

basing on several logics system proposes delivery date if you want this date in future then change in Requested Delivery Date or First Delivery Date proposed by the system.

and also chec in document controls in VOV8.

regards

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear anmol

1. While creating a delivery, it is possible to add a new line Item ( a new material ) to the delivery vl02n, even though the material may not be present in my preceeding Sales Order. Why does SAP allow that ?

How can i stop it from doing that, i guess copy control tweaking.

1.A. its a standard functionality provided by SAP. Even though the new item which we wil be creating VL02N is carried with different item category called DLN. we can control with copy controls i thin so in sales document and delivery document. if it not possible chec with ABAPER to inactivate the push button with hasDELIVERY WITH OUT REFERENCE.

2. Also , its a client requirement that we be able to create deliveries for a future date, & the will do Goods Issue when the date has come. They just want to create deliveries & keep . But of corse, it gives me the "schedule line not available for the date error", though the material is there. Any way to get around that ?

2.A. . you are requested to chec actual GI date and planned GI date because if delivery is created one out the two fields will get grayed out. chec with your ABAPER to lift it and eep the GI dates in changable or editable mode so that your requriment is solved.

please test it in SBX and get bac to me if any errors.

regards

balajia