cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Variable across Request and Response mapping PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert ,

Is it possible set the value in Request mapping and Use in Response Mapping using Function Library ---> Functions and Java Areas -> Attributes and Methods

I have tried this but I am not getting the value in Response mapping.I think this is not possible using above method.

do I have to go for this blog /people/praveen.gujjeti/blog/2010/03/04/usage-of-dynamic-configuration-in-synchronous-scenarios to achieve my requirement.

according to this thread is mentioned that we can go for RFC lookup

Please tell me if there is any other way.

Kind Regards,

Kubra Fatima.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks abhishek.

But in my scenario I have to store the token and sign value which I get from the webservice1(calling this in soap lookup) after passing the base64(created from cms) request and this token and sign value is valid for 12 hours ,I have to send these values to another webservice2 at the receiver along with request fields from the sender RFC.

I need this token and sign value(which are very long) in my response mapping to call different operations of webservice2 based on the rejection code(a field in the response of webservice2).

When I am using the Dynamic configuration I am getting the error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is too long

So I think I cannot go for DC.

Also As this token and sign value is valid for 12 hours and it is recommended not to request the token and sign again and again for my next execution of the scenario.Is it good to go for RFC lookup to store and retrieve these token and sign value in PI?

Thanks in advance,

Kubra fatima

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have tried this but I am not getting the value in Response mapping.I think this is not possible using above method.

Yes it wont work.

Blog or RFC lookup both will work in your case. If you are abel to put and retrieve the details from the DC parameters then go for the blog....it will avoid dependency on making a RFC call.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which is the good approach for my requirement