Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA can be used between 2 clients which are in the central system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Question 1:

In case of CUA, we have the conecept of central system and child systems. From Central system we will be able to administer child system. Buy my question is can we implement CUA with the clients which are also on the central system ?

Question 2:

Normally LDAP is connected to central system and central system inturn will be connected to child systems. But Can we connect Central system and LDAP to the child system at a time ? Is there any situaitons where we will come up with this situations ?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. CUA - Central User Administration.

User master is specific to one client (not system). So think about CUA Master client (instead of central system).

ex.

We have DE1( clients 100/200/500), QE1(client 100) and PE1(client 100) system. DE1-500 is our CUA master/central client (not DE1 system).

We are able to control other system/clients (child) say DE1-100 and DE1-200.

2. for LDAP, connect it with master system/client - other is not required.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> In case of CUA, we have the conecept of central system and child systems. From Central system we will be able to >administer child system. Buy my question is can we implement CUA with the clients which are also on the central system ?

>

Yes, you can control other clients of the central system through CUA.

> Question 2:

> Normally LDAP is connected to central system and central system inturn will be connected to child systems. But Can we >connect Central system and LDAP to the child system at a time ? Is there any situaitons where we will come up with this >situations ?

If you want to use CUA then your LDAP must be connected to your central system.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos
Question 1:
In case of CUA, we have the conecept of central system and child systems. From Central system we will be able to administer child system. Buy my question is can we implement CUA with the clients which are also on the central system

Yes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fa/0ec43b5d091b3de10000000a114084/frameset.htm