cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Modify the Text of a MessageArea in a Application WD ABAP Standard?

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

How can Modify the Text of a MessageArea in a Application WD ABAP Standard?

I found the following link in the helpsap, but in this moment I don't know How found this text? and Modify this text with a new text.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3a/f6ba42a950da11e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

The text of a MessageArea are in a table of configuration or can do the system for get this text and show in the application in the portal? How can get this and modify by a new text.

Please help me with a suggestions.

Thanks

Regards

Carmen G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

first find out in which view you want to change the standard text messages in message area.

then use the enhancement framework ( use enhancement button ).

find the method which used to raise message in messsage area .. EX: L_MESSAGE_MANAGER->REPORT_T100_MESSAGE.

..find the message Text id . enhance the same else create a new one and replace with old one.

hope this will helps .

good luck !!!

Regards,

Kranthi.

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kranthi..

The datas of the Application is the following:

General Information About the Application and Component

Application: FITE_REQUEST

Web Dynpro Component: FITV_FPM

Window Information: FPM_WINDOW

View Information: Layout_view

Information on Field

Field ID: HELPTEXT

Type of UI Element : Explanation

Attributes of UI Element

TEXT_DOCUMENT_NAME: FITE_FPM_REQUEST_GENERAL_DA

I dont found this method L_MESSAGE_MANAGER->REPORT_T100_MESSAGE.

Please can give more suggestions for found the method

Thanks in advance

Regards

Carmen G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carmen,

if understood your requirement correctly, you want to get all the messages that was reported to message manager and change the text of some of them and add it back to the message manager. if this is the requirement then its simple.

1. get all the messages from message manager

call IF_WD_MESSAGE_MANAGER=>GET_MESSAGES

2. modify the texts in the internal table

3. Either delete all the message from the MESSAGE MANAGER or delete only the modified messages

IF_WD_MESSAGE_MANAGER=>CLEAR_MESSAGES

IF_WD_MESSAGE_MANAGER=>REMOVE_MESSAGE

4. report the new messages again.

Hope this helps. If not then provide more details.

Regards, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the LAYOUT view of the FITV_FPM component UPDATE_HELPTEXT_UI methd is used to update the HELPTEXT Ui element. I think you can change the text by enhancing this method.

Thanks

Pradeep

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello.

I need modify the text enclosed in the box of the following image.

[createtravelrequest|http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5250/createtravelrequest.jpg]

Regards

Carmen G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned in my previous reply that this helptext is getting updated from the method UPDATE_HELPTEXT_UI of the LAYOUT_VIEW. This method is setting the text or text_document name property of the UI element.

This UI is a Explanation ui element for help text and if you put the debugger in this method you will see it is setting "FITE_FPM_REQUEST_GENERAL_DA" this text document for the HEPTEXT.

So you can either change the text in this text document or you can create your own custom text document and set that instead of the standard.

You can see this text in SE61 under Document Class "General Text".

If you want to create your own z text document and set that one for disply you can maintain tha via the configuration editor for your config i.e. FITV_FPM_REQUEST.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

I changed the text FITE_FPM_REQUEST_GENERAL_DA" with the t.code SE61 and this work fine. But if the team basis update the system(upgrade ) This text is replaced ?

If I want create my own z text document I create this using the t.code SE61.How I link this z text document with my application and this is displayed in the portal?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carmen,

I have already replied in my last post that if you want to create your own Z text that you can assign to your HELP Text via component configuration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/22/719f42f2ff7e5fe10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope this will help you to solve your issue ASAP.

Thanks

Pradeep

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

When You says via component configuration is the same that :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/af5e19e7-0b01-0010-37af-bc816f9a240...

Regards

Carmen G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carmen,

Yes you are absolutely right. You can either change that via component configuration FITV_FPM_REQUEST or if you are modifying your component via enhancement then you can directly set the EXPLANATION UI by your custom document text that is also another way of doing this.

Thanks

Pradeep

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue was solve with you suggestions.

Regards

Carmen

Answers (0)