cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick full nested HU

0 Kudos

Hi all,

how to pick complete nested HU keeping its old number as destination SU? currently system assigns new pick-HU number for content of nested HU, and it looks like you pick partial quantities or low-level HUs from nested HU.

Thanks in advance,

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've the same question. Does anyone knows a solution for that?

Kind regards,

Bert

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand you are making complete "stock pick" of nested handling unit. In this case try to define the proper handling unit at the time of confirmation in LT12...

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/73/f53655dd7a11d3b4fe006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

During a complete stock pick, you can inform the system as the transfer order is confirmed whether the stock is to remain in the original HU or whether the stock is to be posted to the pick HU. If a partial pick is made, a posting change is always made to the pick HU. At confirmation, the first pick HU that was assigned to the transfer order is always suggested as a default, but the user can change the pick HU manually.

0 Kudos

Hi Csaba!

the point is that I want to keep SU number of nested HU as pick HU number and system doesn't allow it neither in LT12 nor during TO creation. It works fine for homogeneuos SUs when you can set up in such way that system will assign source SU number to pick HU. But for nested HUs the only thing what I could get - new single pick HU number for all parts of source HU.

By the way, what help tells about that: "During picking from nested handling units, you must inform the system either which (entire) handling units were picked or from which handling units items were picked. If an entire nested HU was picked, it can retain its structure and simultaneously become a pick HU. It can also retain its structure and become a lower-level HU of the pick HU."

So, how to make system to become a pick HU from nested HU "simultaneously"?

Vladimir

>

> As I understand you are making complete "stock pick" of nested handling unit. In this case try to define the proper handling unit at the time of confirmation in LT12...

> http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/73/f53655dd7a11d3b4fe006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

>

> ...

> During a complete stock pick, you can inform the system as the transfer order is confirmed whether the stock is to remain in the original HU or whether the stock is to be posted to the pick HU. If a partial pick is made, a posting change is always made to the pick HU. At confirmation, the first pick HU that was assigned to the transfer order is always suggested as a default, but the user can change the pick HU manually.

> ...

>

Edited by: Vladimir Staroverov on Nov 15, 2010 5:46 PM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry for late reply.

I thought you want to keep the highest level handling unit during picking. System does this as default (in our system).

But as I see you would like to have the lower level handling unit during picking. This is not possible in standard (maybe because only the highest level HU is mapped as SU.)

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/73/f53655dd7a11d3b4fe006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

During partial picks from nested HUs, either a lower-level HU can be transferred into the pick HU (thus becoming a lower-level HU of the pick HU) or the lower-level HU structure is lost and only the material quantity is transferred into the pick HU. A lower-level HU that was picked cannot become a separate pick HU....

0 Kudos

Hi Csaba!

yes, I would like to get the same result what you have in your system - pick HU number the same as source HU for picking full HU. One thing that I already wrote - I cannot get it for heterogenuos HUs (several batches in the same HU), but for homegenuos HUs (the same batch in all included HUs) it works with expected result. The settings were set up in "Control for automatic creation of pick HUs". May be it needs some additional settings for issuing storage type and etc?

Vladimir