Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browser not asking authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a sceanerio - WDA application running standalone

When i open a browser and run the application by providing WDA URL, it asks for authentication. Now i opened another browser session without closng first, it does not ask for authentication.

I have standard logon procedure for application in ICF service node.

I want the application to ask for authentication every time.

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Edited by: Harsimran Kaur on Nov 13, 2010 4:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsimran,

I think that is how the browser behaves.you have already opened one session using username and password and cookies are stored so when you open a new browser cookies are passed on to it and it is not asking for any username/password

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

thanks for reply

But even when i close the application window and there is some other browser window open, it stores authentication

so when i open new browser window n again open application, it doesn't ask username/passwd.

So isnt there a way to delete cookies on exit of applcaition

Thanks & regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use this method DELETE_COOKIE_AT_CLIENT of CL_HTTP_RESPONSE to delete cookies and test your application, there are other methods for deleting cookies in this class.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

can u pls provide me example of hwo to use this DELETE_COOKIE_AT_CLIENT

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

refer the doc for deleting the cookies explicitly

Link farming <--removed by moderator -->

Regards, Saravanan

Edited by: Neil Gardiner on Nov 16, 2010 4:12 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should never interact with the REQUEST/REPONSE object directly in Web Dynpro. There is no safe API for access to these objects. Instead consider using a Logoff Page in the SICF Node and using this example code from Help.SAP.COM to delete the authentication cookie:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/6af21301a907bee10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I have implemented Log off page in SICF. This works fine when user clicks logg off link in wda application

But it does not work when user closes the browser by using cross(X) on top right side of IE explorer.

Moreover i am facing this issue only in IE8. It is working fine in IE7

Thanks & regards

Harsimran K Aasal

Edited by: Harsimran Kaur on Nov 18, 2010 4:46 AM

Answers (0)