cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XD01 assertion failed error while updating customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This is an error when I use transaction XD01 to create customers accounts, If you have any ideas do let me and we'll try it....

The error does not let an BDC or LSMW progress as well. There are also no recent sap notes on the same.

The error is as follow

ASSERTION_FAILED

Short text

The ASSERT condition was violated.

What happened?

In the running application program, the ASSERT statement recognized a

situation that should not have occurred.

The runtime error was triggered for one of these reasons:

- For the checkpoint group specified with the ASSERT statement, the

activation mode is set to "abort".

- Via a system variant, the activation mode is globally set to "abort"

for checkpoint groups in this system.

- The activation mode is set to "abort" on program level.

- The ASSERT statement is not assigned to any checkpoint group.

What can you do?

Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.

To process the problem further, contact you SAP system

administrator.

Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look

at and manage termination messages, and you can also

keep them for a long time.

Error analysis

The following checkpoint group was used: "No checkpoint group specified"

If in the ASSERT statement the addition FIELDS was used, you can find

the content of the first 8 specified fields in the following overview:

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

" (not used) "

I have a company code CG01 with sales organization CTS0 and I want to transfer or extend all the customer master data to another company code CG03 with the sales organization CTS0

The things that I have tried and not work

using xd01, fd15, fd16, fd01, does not wok and gives the error as above

The things that I have tried and it works

Change the sales organization from CTS0 to CTS1 I am able to post the customer master data, using any of the above tcodes and it does not give any error, however the client wants to sales organization to remain CTS0

So please give me any ideas as per your experience as this transfer of master data has to happen by Monday, else I'll be fried by my boss

My number is 9820029197

Will also keep you'll posted on any developments on this case,

Ronan Pinto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much guys for all your inputs.....they have just confirmed what I had in mind....that the error could be a Thumb rule violation.

Firstly I am from SAP FI, so totally new to SAP SD

I totally understand that one sales organization cannot be shared with one company.

I'll give you more details

there are three company codes in my client CG01, CG02, CG03

Now CG01 has sales organization CTS0

I'll confirm what you are saying, that it works for me when I transfer the data using sales organization CTS1 in CG03.

And that is what is logically and technically right using different sales organizations.

However, we have another company code called CG02, however the data there all is from CG01 and it has sales organization CTS0, So my client argues, that if the data has gone to CG02, the same sales organization should work for for CG03, not I know it is not the best solution, but it is the DESIRED one....I spoke to the person who put the data previously....he claims he followed the same procedure XD01, fd15, etc and the data did go through....

so now this is what i need help in understanding...

1) How did the system not give an error while putting the data inside CG02 with sales organisaton same as CST0 same as in company code CG01.

2) Since I have limited experience of SD, If I have to convince my client about the use of CTS1 sales organisation or a unique sales organisation against his argument that it worked for company code CG02, how should I do it.......

Thanks so much for all your updates guys will keep you'll updated on the happening.

You'll take care,

Ronan Pinto

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Firstly I am from SAP FI, so totally new to SAP SD

>

Then you are best person to explain the reason on why the same sales organization, can't be assigned to different company codes. When a sales is done through one sales organization, then will the profit/loss be accounted in different company codes. Is it legally allowed in the country, where your customer is doing business? How you are going to develop the balance sheet? Again being the FI person, you are best judge to provide the details to your customer and not a SD guy.

>

> 1) How did the system not give an error while putting the data inside CG02 with sales organisaton same as CST0 same as in company code CG01.

>

I dont see any other method than removing the assignments in the backend and uploading the data. You can consult a Basis person to find the change logs for the assignment table. In my opinion, removing the sales organization from a company code assignment just for loading a customer master data and then reassigning to original sales org is a crooked method and/or not a professional method.

>

> 2) Since I have limited experience of SD, If I have to convince my client about the use of CTS1 sales organisation or a unique sales organisation against his argument that it worked for company code CG02, how should I do it.......

>

As explained above, how the sales will be accounted in different company codes (even if the system allows to assign the same sales org to different company codes)?

I would recommend you to post this question in FI forum (after closing here) to check what are the legal implications for this scenario.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks so so much Shiva Ram, you just confirmed everything i was thinking of.....

Ever grateful to the rest of you'll as well, every post gave me an option...thanks again

Edited by: Ronan Pinto on Nov 15, 2010 6:29 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey just to help you'll further is the link to the error log and the screen hot of the error

http://ronanwayne.fileave.com/error to work.bmp

http://ronanwayne.fileave.com/xd01 error detail.XLS

please copy all the italics and paste it in the browser

Thanks so much for all the options provided till now

Edited by: Ronan Pinto on Nov 13, 2010 7:27 AM

Edited by: Ronan Pinto on Nov 13, 2010 7:30 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note 998730 helps you

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your reply, did try the note, it did not work, thanks so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

have a company code CG01 with sales organization CTS0 - that means one to one assignment.

I want to transfer or extend all the customer master data to another company code CG03 with the sales organization CTS0 - thumb rule of SAP is one company code can have N no. of sales organisations but one sales organisation will be assigned to only one compan code for accounting purpose or for recording teh sales transactions in company code on the sales organisations.

one thing logically i can say but you have to try it out and confirm. but i am not sure about the data consistency on the same this is my probable solution.

if it works out well and good.

CG01 - CTS0 Keep the assignment as it is till you download the data which you want to transfer. after downloading keep the file which you want to transfer on desk top.

then remove teh assignment of CG01 - CTS0.

create a new sales orgn and re assignment and change the file to new sales orgns perspective and re upload.

But there is an issue here i think so your client is voilating thumb rule.

eventhough luckly my logic which i have said to you now work also. then your enterprise structure that is company code will be only with one sales organisation assgnment.

please check this and confirm.

regards,

balajia.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A sales organization can be assigned to only one company code. You can't assign the sales org CTS0 to CG03.

[Sales organization|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d3/4b4f85843b11d29c5c0000e8a51c6e/content.htm]

You can check this assignment at SPRO-> Enterprise structure ->assignment -> sales and distribution ->assign sales organization to company code.

This means you can't extend the customer masters with the same sales org to a new company code.

Regards