cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform static and dynamic check together on a customer?

anish_mathew3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is it possible to perform static and dynamic check together on a customer?

I believe standard SAP does not allow both options together.

The scenario is: My client has customer who orders products 1 year in advance and create sales order with a future delivery date. The customer might have balance due on their account which is close to the credit limit. As a result the sale order should be blocked as if the automatic credit check is "Static". This would allow our customer service to call the customer and arrange for the payments.

Then 11 months later, a dynamic check should be performed on the customer to make sure the past due is under the credit limit. If the past due is over credit limit, the sales order must be blocked for delivery as if the credit check was "Dynamic" with 30 days horizon. This would again give our customer service time to settle the payment with the customer.

If anyone has implemented such a scenario, can you please give me an overview of how you did it?

Thanks very much in advance and Text Removed.

With Regards,

AM

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Nov 13, 2010 9:23 AM Please dont include this text

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to use the fields deviation in % and Number of days (under released documents are still unchecked box) in t.code OVA8. Also under checks, check the fields static, dynamic, document value and critical field also. Enter the appropriate values in the other fields.

Set both the values as 1 and test. By this way, after one day or 1% of changes, the document will undergo to credit check again.

You can refer OSS Note 718260 - Released documents are not checked for further information.

Regards,

anish_mathew3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva Ram,

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

The standard SAP configuration for OVA8 will not allow me to choose static and dynamic together. Is there any way we can select both?

Also on the % deviation and number of days: If I maintain 1 day, all sales orders for the furture will be put on credit block after a day which is not what I want. I want to check the sales order only if the credit limit is exceeded say a week before delivery.

Please let me know.

With Regards,

AM

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

You may have to try the user exits option.

If we want to carry out our own individual credit checks that differ from those in the standard system you must define them in any of the following user exits:

u2022 LVKMPTZZ

u2022 LVKMPFZ1: USER_CREDIT_CHECK1

u2022 LVKMPFZ2: USER_CREDIT_CHECK2

u2022 LVKMPFZ3: USER_CREDIT_CHECK3

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anish_mathew3
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are performing this using subroutine which pushes the order to go through static or dynamic depending on the delivery date.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anish,

Would you mind providing additional details like where the subroutine was added and what was the logic coded in it?

Thanks for your updates providing to the forum.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Static and Dynamic Cannot be Performed together. They are mutually exclusive events.

Credit check can be performed either at Sale order level or at Delivery / PGI Level.

FCV3 is a good report to see whether a customer would fail a credit check. ( suitable for your customer service )

Coming to your Point , Assuming that the customer is eligible for a Credit of 50 Lacs. Now the Customer has placed an order for 60 Lacs. We set the Customer credit checking at order level . The Customers Sale order would get blocked.

The Customer service will follow up for the payment and see to it that it is made. Assume the customer has made a payment for 70 Lacs.

Now let us have a look at the account statement of the customer.

Account Statement : Customer Cr : 70 Lacs. Dr : 0. ( because no delivery and invoice so far has been made )

So we are supposed to deliver the Material worth value of 60 Lacs.

The First sale order worth 60 Lacs has been unblocked in VKM3. Now at the time of Delivery level why would you want to chekc the Credit limit again ? It has already passed the credit check.

It is not necessary to check credit limit . Because you have already performed the same at the order level.

Now the customer has come again and raised another sale order for 80 Lacs. The System would block him.

The system will never block the Previous delivery which you are, due for delivery to the customer.

If we keep on checking the Credits without delivering we would end up only raising in Sale orders and no Delivery to the Customer at all. The Debit side of his account will always be 0.

So i donot think Static and dynamic is needed . you can go for either Static or Dynamic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Please use the following user exits options.

LVKMPTZZ

LVKMPFZ1: USER_CREDIT_CHECK1

LVKMPFZ2: USER_CREDIT_CHECK2

LVKMPFZ3: USER_CREDIT_CHECK3

Hope this helps you

Regards,

A.Govin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Different credit checks can be performed at three points in the sales process.

Create Sales Order, Create delivery and PGI.

You can perform a different check at sales order and delivery times

anish_mathew3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bhatti,

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

If I am not wrong, the credit check on sales order is via OVA8 and credit check on delivery order is via OVAD. Is that right?

If so, I see only credit group for the credit check.

it would be really greatful if you can elaborate some more.

With Regards,

AM