cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ9L, calculation of cost forecast plan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Prerequisites: Plan work 260 hours. Constraints on start and finish date. Distribution rule is equal to distribution according to factory calender. For scenario 2) actual work is 100 hours. Remaining work is 160 hours. Duration of activity is 1 year.

Scenario 1) When calculating project cost forecast without any actual cost from time reporting, the cost forecast is distributed over the remaining duration of the activity.

Scenario 2) When calculating project cost forecast with actual cost from time reporting, the cost forecast is planned on the same period as the forecast report is run. We would like this to be done in the same way as in scenario 1 above and distributed according to the factory calendar and not have all of the remaining cost on the last period of the activity.

If someone out there has experience of this issue, we appeciate your advice.

Best Regards ,

Ioannis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ioannis,

Please see the online document

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c2/1ad778462611d2b4310060

94b9c9be/content.htm

to see how the internal-processed activity should work in CJ9L.

I do think, the described scenario 2 do not work in that way because the factors you described. As far as I remember, the following factors are relevant for such case.

1. If the activity is paritally confirmed. What are the actual finish and forecast finish (or remaining duration).

2. Is the forecast work maintained.

3. What is the key date of CJ9L.

Generally there is no logic just to put the remaining costs in the last period, but it can happend that based on the factors above, which uses the last period as remaining time frame.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue solved thru note 999475.

BR,

Ioannis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ioannis, could you please provide some of the context from note 999475.

I tried searching for this note on the support portal, but received the following message:

The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

Thank you.