cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system shud restrict stock posting of 04 inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

Pain Area - whenevr Process order get release 03 inporcess inspection lot generates and after Process order get confrimed

O4 inspection lot generates , Evry time we use to process 04 Inpsection lot and then stock posted from Quality to Unrestrcted and finally , urestricted stock goes to market . NOw 03 inpsection lot remains in Created status , system not restriced for 04 activity i.e stock posting . So I want to restrict stock posting of 04 inspection lot if 03 inpsection lot doesnt have UD status .

please suggest .

Regards,

Prerna Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check user exit

QEVA0010 |UD: Usage decision check

put logic for 04 lot origin & check for UD of 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to put a hard error when UD is taken for O4 lots, if the corresponsding SF lot is not released? This will stop users releasing the 04 lots and personally I am not in favor of writing a piece of code in User exit at UD and stiop the release of a Finished Batch.

I have worked on similar requirement where users used to check manually the SF batch - UD prior to release a Finished Lot. to reduce the manual work and data transpose errors, we have used a calculated char. SF batch released? and assigned it in the finished product inspection paln.

We copied the standard FM - QEFC_FORMULA_CALC_EXAMPLE and written a logic to look the consumed SF batch is released or not .The Function Module is assigned to a Calculated Characteristic u2013 the user will then be able to Calculate the characteristic during Results Recording of a batch of Finished Product to determine the Release Status of the issued batch of Semi-Finished material, as opposed to having to look it up manually. We looked at the Q-score to decide a SF batch is released , rejected or UD not taken. The Function Module used the name of the Master Inspection Characteristic (MIC) and the Material Type of the Inspection Lot to determine the Inspection Lot Q-Score to return.

With this set up you will not issue a hard error at the time of UD for Finsihed batch at the same time users will know the SF batch status when the results were recorded for Finished batch.

If your requirement is a Hard error, simply go for the user exit suggested and write a logic to look for the Semi Finished Batch consumed.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Answers (0)