cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing URL links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What would be the best way to store a url link in a DIR's. I have the requirement to create a DIR but some of the documents reside in other systems (Say SharePoint)?

I tried to create a HTM WS Application but couldn't get it to work correctly.

Neil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

I defined a Workstation Application like following which works quite well:

ws-application: url

description: url

suffix: url

fileformat: *.url

mimetype:

Appl-icon: @AA@

Then you can first create a hyperlink on your desktop and import the linking .url-file.

regards

Daniel K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt response. It is working perfect.

Neil

Edited by: Neil Mclaren on Nov 15, 2010 6:23 AM

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

You are welcome. Thank you for my first forum points.

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I would like to find out from you regarding this work station application.

What entries do you have for the WS app (url)under the 'Define Workstation applicaion in network"

My url file works when opening from my desktop but as soon as I store it in SAP - I cannot open the url.

Thanks,

Neil

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

I've got NOTHING definded on the network screen. The grid is empty.

regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

It's an interesting issue!!Did try recreating it, without success though.I believe we are attempting to check in a file that is already hosted on another server unlike other workstation application files that exist independently.

You may try and create a function module(contact your ABAPer) that will issue URL link to the original URL which is already hosted on an external website and see if it works.

For configuring you workstation application in network for URL workstation application,refer http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/2.%20Customizing%20%28CA-DMS-EAI%29 .Please ensure that you maintain the application path as %Auto% for all application types(1,2 and 3).

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar