cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of documents & sending email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Not sure whether this is the right forum to post this question. Kindly bear with me.

I need to retrive the documents from DMS and need to send mail. Documents uploaded are doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx & pdf

i have written a ABAP program to retrive the documents.

To get documents from DMS i used FM SCMS_URL_GENERATE to locate document in DMS and FM HTTP_GET to receive the documents content

My problem is when try to mail using the class CL_BCS & CL_DOCUMENT_BCS, the word excel attachment are getting corrupted.

Can anyone please share your ideas here. Thanks.

Regards

Balaji R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji ,

based on your description I think that maybe the 'Document distribution' function could also be useful for your scenario. By using this functionality you can distribution document info records and its originals from the SAP system to specified users by mail to Outlook or the internal Business workplace (TA SBWP). For more information on the document distribution function please see the DMS WIKI area under http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/DocumentManagement%28CA-DMS%29.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEy ,

Can u please send me the document how to downloaded the reports from dms .

Requirement : my urgent requirement is i need to download all released reports from CG50 and Cg54 which are dms.

So need ur help on this . can u explain detail process.

Thanks in advance/...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

This is feasible thru workflow. Kindly discuss with abap'r. Attachments can be sent to users in outlook or external mail system via workflow.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for your Reply. I'm an ABAPER! I having a workflow setup & sending mails through class interface CL_BCS & CL_DOCUMENT_BCS .(code written in BOR method which is assigned to a task in turn binded in a workflow).

When i try to pick the file from DMS through FM HTTP_GET, i get it as HEX content(Refer SAP note 1151258) and send it as email to outlook or an external system.

Refer SAP note 1151258

I'm able to open the PDF attachment in outlook without corruption.

I face issues only with WORD, EXCEL( Any version).

Eventually i have fixed the the corruption of DOCX(MS office 2007) files by referring to SAP note 1459896.

But Excel files are getting corrupted.

Any one over came these documentcorruption issues, Please share a light here.

Thanks

Balaji R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Kindly check in class inreface class iCL_BCS & CL_DOCUMENT_BCS. The code written in BOR method, you need to check and correct the codes for these application word,excel..etc. whichever getting problems need to be rectified.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra