Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbooks only able to 'save as' while system is not open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client has been working with it's BW system fully opened for the last three years.

Users could then access a workbook through BEx Analyzer (wether it was in the role or favorites area) make any neccessary changes and then save it.

Now that we have closed the system through SCC4 users claim that they are forced to 'save as' every time they make changes to any workbook. They simple 'save' option is now disabled (again, it doesn't matter if the workbook is in the role, or favorites area).

I've looked through other posts but they don't state clearly wether they 'save' or 'save as'.

I have checked that a SAP_ALL configured user is also unable to modify the workbooks and 'save' them, so I guess it's not a matter of authorization.

Is it really the way BEx Analyzer works?

Is it possible to regain the ability of simple 'saving' the workbooks without having to 'save as'.

Regards,

Gonzalo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enable the object Changeability option for Workbook. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to RSA1 transaction code

2. Click Transport Connection button in the left pane:

3. Click "Object Changebility" button on the top icon bar.

4. Click OK to any prompts.

5. Navigate down in the u201CChangeability of Objects Typesu201D till you find the XLWI - Workbook option.

6. Double-click the Not Changeable option. It should be changed to Changeable Original.

7. Click Check mark to accept and click Save button.

This should resolve the issue. You need not have the client open for this.

Warm Rgds,

Raghu

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enable the object Changeability option for Workbook. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to RSA1 transaction code

2. Click Transport Connection button in the left pane:

3. Click "Object Changebility" button on the top icon bar.

4. Click OK to any prompts.

5. Navigate down in the u201CChangeability of Objects Typesu201D till you find the XLWI - Workbook option.

6. Double-click the Not Changeable option. It should be changed to Changeable Original.

7. Click Check mark to accept and click Save button.

This should resolve the issue. You need not have the client open for this.

Warm Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Raghu

Unfortunately the 'save' button is still inactive, in fact I had set the option as Everything Changeable a few days ago. I changed it to Changeable Original but there seems to be no difference.

Any other ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the users have access to S_USER_AGR? If yes, what activities are included?

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes he does, I tried even activating all activities from:

S_GUI

S_USER_AGR

S_USER_TCD

S_BDS_D

S_BDS_DS

and yet it still appears inactive. As I said, I already tried as an admin user, having SAP_ALL auth., and it appeared inactive to me too.

So far the only way I have confirmed the 'save' button to reactivate is by re-opening the client.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gonzalo

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure the following:

S_BDS_D Activity 03, field value *

S_BDS_DS Activity 01, 02, 03, 30, field value *

S_USER_TCD, field value *

Also refer the below notes:

SAP Note - 1129764 - BW 70 BEx: Authorization for workbooks

SAP Note - 1052085 - Prevent save of workbook in case of non-changeable BW system

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

I can confirm those activities are checked and active.

SAP Note - 1129764 --> Users can actually see their original workbooks and the ones that have been 'saved as', they just want to be able to modify and just 'save' the original ones.

SAP Note - 1052085 --> This doesn't fit either, users have 'save' button disabled and can only click on save us. Besides we are already running on SP.14

Last note says: "Workbooks are not saved in BW systems that are not changeable.".

This is a statement that bothers me, indeed my client is set closed.

And SCC4 shows these paramenters:

• Changes and Transports for client-specific Objects

--> No changes allowed

• Cross-Client Object Changes

--> No changes to repository and cross-client customizing objs

• Protection: Client copier and comparison Tool

--> X Protection level 1: No overwriting

• CATT and eCATT Restrictions

--> eCATT and CATT not allowed

• Restrictions:

(both unchecked).

Are you certain that it is possible to save them while the client is not opened? I'm starting to think that it just can't be done

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Gonzalo

0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer SAP Note 1296539 too.

If the issue persists, run SAPBEXC.XLA to identify any inconsistencies with the BEx analyzer.

You need not keep the client open to enable this option.

If the issue still persists, you may need to raise a message to SAP support.

Warm Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've misread your initial question. This behavior is correct. Users will not be allowed to use the Save option for work books and they can only use Save As.. This is to restrict the change authorization for workbooks by the end users.

However, the Save option will be given only to the power users. Add S_USER_AGR with 02 activity in their roles, which will get the Save option.

Hope this solves the issue.

Warm Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks a lot for your help, I configured a user with those preferences but still BEx shows the 'save' option as inactive.

I will have to raise a message to SAP and see if they can handle the issue.

If they manage to solve the problem I'll answer asap in this thread to inform about the solution.

Regards,

Gonzalo

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you still see the Save button grayed out after giving S_USER_AGR with 02 activity?

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes, it is still inactive.

0 Kudos

Does the second field of object S_USER_AGR (i.e ACT_GROUP) has a "*" ?

0 Kudos

Also make sure the SAPgui is at the latest patch level.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo,

As you said a user have access to SAP_ALL so I discard the normal authorization issue. Hwever did you make sure that the user also has access 0BI_ALL in analysis authorization. If no please try the same with combination of SAP_ALL & 0BI_ALL.

If it still don't work then only it is safe to say that there is no authorization issue.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

SAP_ALL will have 0BI_ALL too.

The current issue is not related to all the reporting authorizations. Please go through the threads. Users are not able to use the Save option for Workbooks when the system is not open. This is by design and users should not save changed Workbooks, since it contains the filtered values/data. They should only use the Save As option, which I've clearly clarified in my replies above.

Do you think that assinging SAP_ALL and 0BI_ALL will resolve the issue? It will not, since the client should be opened to get the Save option back and assigning these doesn't solve the purpose.

Hope you agree with my views now.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

SAP_ALL will have 0BI_ALL too.

I was having a different understanding on the same. Anyway need to check.

Do you think that assinging SAP_ALL and 0BI_ALL will resolve the issue?

I didn't expect that. I was saying to find a way which might not be right.

Regards,

Arpan Paik