cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data files and cofiles missing after restoration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Due to some reasons our DEV server was crashed, i restored DEV server using previous backup, after restoration i was unable to see data& cofiles at os level. the transport request numbers are there at se09. i created a test role and transported to Quality and Production server, the transport is sucessful. for this test role i can see data and cofiles.

can any one help me how to see my previous data and cofiles.

platform : suse linux 10.3 + max db.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

I guess, you have restored online or offline backup.

Did you have any separate file system backup of /usr/sap/trans?

If so, please try to restore that once. It should be restored then.

Regards,

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we dont have /usr/sap/trans backup.

but i am able to see all the requests in se09

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen the data/cofiles on your QA or PRD server trans directory. Is you have different trans directory then probably you can copy from there. but any case you cannot recover data/cofiles which are already released on Dev and not transported into other system

Regards,

Subhash

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually /usr/sap/trans is shared between the landscape, if /usr/sap/trans was a local filesystem then is gone, if it was a mount from another box, then just mount it.

we dont have /usr/sap/trans backup.

This is why you should have backups from both SAP and the filesystem

Regards

Juan

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, your server crashed, i am assmuning, you have lost everything related to SAP fromm server.

And secondly, can you tell us what you have restore from Tape i.e only database or complete file system including /usr/sap and database file.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

we restored from Disk (actually we mounted another server's one file system into our development server) and the backup path is mapped to it, in maxdb we have a database manager tool, from that we took backup and the same backup was restored.

from the application point of view system is up and running, and users are working on that.we got all the configurations. from file system point of view we got every thing except data and cofiles in /usr/sap/trans