cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NON WM Stock to WM Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a problem, we have 400 Nos of XXX material stock in store location (Not in WM) and later we extend the material code to WM and we have 500 Nos in WM (Storage Bin). Now we want to add 400 nos also to the same bin.

How can I do.

Please suggest.

Regards

Ishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Extend material to the plant and storage location and for the WM view - please ensure that the stroage location is WM managed.

2.Go to MIGO -Tranfer posting migo - other - 301 movement.

3.enter in a from area all the details of material / plant/ storage location which is non WM managed and in To area enter all the details of same material but enter the plant and storage location which is WM manged.

4. Enter qty to be transfered and save the document.

5.Check - in which interim storage location the material has got transfer in LS26

6.Go the LB10 - enter WM no and the storage type as a interim storage type ( in this case mostly it will be 920)

7.enter

8.select the line item and click on TO creation / either in forgound or in back ground- better select forgound.

9.it will take you to LT04 - click on forground or back ground processing - and save the document

10.LT21 confirm the TO

the material will be moved to destination storage bin.

I hope it will work.

Thanks

om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, but the non wms stock is also lying in the same store location, actually we extended the material code to wms when stock was already there. then we most new migo to 500 nos which went to storage bin. but earier 400 nos still showing in mmbe, but not showing in ls26.

regards

Ishu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before wirting to you, i have simulated the scniario and then wrote to you, after migo the stock should come in to interim storage type ( could be of 920) and then from there you have to move to destination storage type.

Could you please write me the complete steps which you are following , with mov type details , qty in source / whether it is WM manage or not and the destination storage whether it is wm manage or not.

let me have look on your answer then i will guide you further.

Thanks

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

(1). Create a new dummy storage location or use the existing storage location for this exercise. Extend the material to this Storage location.

(2). Move the 400 qty from WMS managed storage location to newly created storage location using 311.

(3). once it is done, again transfer the stock from new storage location to WMS managed storage location, this time it will be moved to bin as per your expectation

What you did wrongly...

You have to move the stock before you extend the material to WM. That's why you are not allowed to move the stock to Bin

Hope it helps..

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your problem is not totally clear.

Creation of WM view of a material cannot cause such problem. It's very likely that your WH has been assigned to a storage location which had stock (it was not empty) - this is a serious mistake...there's inconsistency in your system...

You should check how many materials are affected...

If this is the case, in my opinion you should try whether you can clear the stock via LX23, if not (or the volume of affected materials is high), you should detach the warehouse from the storage location, delete all WM related transactional data records (e.g. stock, WM movements) and do a new migration process (you can find lots of materials concerning WM conversion, no need to post new thread).

As for LX23 you should read OSS note 535043.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 12, 2010 5:35 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 12, 2010 5:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you, the best way to do initial stock entry to whse is by doing it through the temporary storage location.

Thanks,

Mono

Answers (0)