cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass uploading with ArchiveLink?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are uploading HR documents with Archivelink through Tr. code OAWD. for that we allready created different Object(Archive) links for diff. Infotypes and there is no problem in uploading documents one by one for diff. Infotypes of each employee.

But currently as per requirement, we needed to upload around 20000 employees documents for 10 different Infotypes.

I want procedure/method/suggestions for mass uploading of documents with ArchiveLink as manual procedure is time consuming.

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam Ra,

This can be done - however a development is needed.

The development I have used - we populated a excel spreadsheet with certain key fields & then ran the program against the spreadsheet.

Use Function Module "ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_FILE" to store the document in Content Server. You need the 32 digit GUID.

Use Function Module "ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT' to insert the HR Personell number against a specific info type & subtype

Hope it helps.

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neil,

I will check with both these functions modules & try to resolve an issue.

only doubt comes in mind, i had to call these function modules in one BDC or in two different BDC's where one will run after the other BDC?.

anyway thanks for your suggestion...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx...

your suggestions help me in resolving issue..

Closed...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

based on your request maybe the information in the SAP online documentation (http://help.sap.com) could be useful under:

=> Help => SAP Library => Human Resources => Personnel Management (PA) => Personnel Administration (PA-PA) => Storage Within Personnel Administration (PA-PA)

For using SXDA to generate DMS document info records please see the SAP note 817743. But as you are looking for a solution on HR documents maybe another Report needs to be choosen.

Best regards,

Christoph