cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comma problem in receiver file FCC csv file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a problem with CSV conversions in file adapter.Our scenario is: Proxy>Xi>FCC(csv)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <n0:RDM_OrganizationalStructure_MT_OB xmlns:n0="ness.com:RDM_ORGANIZATIONALSTRUCTURE" xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:DV3:/1SAI/TAS9B35FF35521A19F6CBEE:701:2009/02/10">

- <row>

<KTEXT>Information,Technology</KTEXT>

<KTEXT>"Information, for internal use only" </KTEXT>

</row>

</n0:RDM_OrganizationalStructure_MT_OB>

In O/P csv file the filed KTEXT is spiting as Information onecolumn and Technology in the next column.

for avoiding this i conceited with " (double-quote) on both the sides to the KTEXT filed. so the Information,Technolg is appending in the same column. Its fine,

but for the second record from the source side itself the its getting as "Information, for internal use only"

so this it is spliting and appending in the next column. in 1st column Information and in the 2nd for internal use only. i want to append this in 1st column as "Information, for internal use only"

how to resolve this issue for appending the record in the same column?

and also i want to know why " is not inserting in csv file.

My Fcc conversion parameters are

record Structure: row

row.addHeaderLine: 1

row.headerLine: Code,Name,Description

row.fieldSeparator: ,

row.endSeparator: 'nl'

pls advice how to overcome this problem

Thanks

Vankadoath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanka,

In O/P csv file the filed KTEXT is spiting as Information onecolumn and Technology in the next column. for avoiding this i conceited with " (double-quote) on both the sides to the KTEXT filed. so the Information,Technolg is appending in the same column. Its fine,

To make it in the same column, you put it into double quotes.

"Information,Technology" -->> Information,Technology

but for the second record from the source side itself the its getting as "Information, for internal use only" . so this it is spliting and appending in the next column. in 1st column Information and in the 2nd for internal use only. i want to append this in 1st column as "Information, for internal use only"

As this already has double quotes, you need to use 2 more double quotes to escape that.

"""Information, for internal use only""" -->> "Information, for internal use only"

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry

My Fcc conversion parameters are

record Structure: row

row.addHeaderLine: 1

row.headerLine: Name

row.fieldSeparator: ,

row.endSeparator: 'nl'

pls advice how to overcome this problem

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the target mapping you need to use a graphical variable in mapping to which you will pass the value of KTEXT as it is ( ie " INformation , for internal use " ) and then map this graphical variable with KTEXT removing quotes and in the receiver FCC structure keep enclose quotes as you were using before

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ab7ccf-e78a-2a10-71b4-80fc764b...

regards

Ninad

Edited by: Ninad Sane on Nov 12, 2010 8:43 AM