cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Transport, same client nr, different systems, copy profile SAP_RECO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my shop wants to "merge" two ERP 6.0 system (landscapes).

We want to start out with DEV system A. This one has two clients 060, 061.

Target clients in system B will be 060, 061, too. System IDs of both systems are different, though.

Is it possible to use copy profile SAP_RECO without any destructive results in system B?

SAP Note 180949 states: You may use the profile SAP_RECO only to recover a client. That means, the number of the target client and the number of the source client and the system environment must be identical.

Number of the source and target client will be identical, but what does "system environment" exactly mean?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This profile SAP_RECO is only for recovering an accidentally deleted client. It contains local tables of delivery classes L and W and the change documents.

Check SAP Note 31496

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a way, what we want to do is recover the client, albeit in another system.

Note 31496 simply states:

Local settings stored in the tables of delivery class 'L' are only copied with copy profile SAP_RECO. Otherwise, this data is deleted, since it only makes sense in identical environments (system configuration, client, etc.). This affects e.g. SPOOL data (printer administration) and personal settings of the users.

SAP_RECO is the only SAP profile, that copies change documents, as well as personal settings of the user, etc. I know, that it is possible to copy over change documents by different means (note 180949). Putting the tables in a separate transport is more complicated in my opinion, though and users won't mind, if their "personal settings" are still the same after transfering the client over.

Key question of mine is: Are there any destructive dangers for the target system when using profile SAP_RECO, to transfer a client over to a different system?

Cheers,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

SAP_RECO profile is enable for SCC8, this is a remote client copy, yo can use SAP_RECO, but the client target must to have the same number that the client source.

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

thanks a lot for your input. Since SCC8 is meant for remote transfers you're probably right, that it's ok to use without negative effects for the clients, that already exist on the target side or for the target system as a whole.

Best Regards,

Thorsten