SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary source of supply in STO

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to have an availibilty check on a store STO, where if its primary suppling site (say DC1) doesnot have sufficient stock it needs to pick its secondary suppling site (DC2)?

*I have a store where I have maintained supplying sites as DC1 and DC2 with priorities 1 and 2.

*I have maintained the source list for the article in its purcasing view with the store as validity

*In the 'change view "Supplying site Assignment via Availability Check: Overview' screen I have selected AFSD with existing sources

Please let me know how I can see this functionalit working.

All I want to see is Store1 wants 10 no of item x. Store 1 has DC1 and DC2 as its supplying sites. DC1 has 7 and DC2 has 11 of the stock. Hence STO is created as DC2 as the supplying site. But if the STO qty is 5 then DC1 should be the supplying site.

Thank you for your thoughts and help.

Best wishes,

Manoj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This one can be checked by running replenishment planning by using WRP1.

For the said artilce maintain target stock (maximun stock) more than the availble inventory ,so that demand will be calculated for the article. For better under standing will try to explain ,,,Target stock as 100. Cuurent stock at store 20. Redorder level 30.

so calculated demand is 80(100-20).

This demand will be supplied by supplying site.since u want to test the ATP, at DC keep the invemtory less than demand,i.e <80.

here will assume dc 1 is having 60.

During WRP1 execution ,it wll place STO on DC1 for 60 ,DC2 for 20.

Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This one can be checked by running replenishment planning by using WRP1.

For the said artilce maintain target stock (maximun stock) more than the availble inventory ,so that demand will be calculated for the article. For better under standing will try to explain ,,,Target stock as 100. Cuurent stock at store 20. Redorder level 30.

so calculated demand is 80(100-20).

This demand will be supplied by supplying site.since u want to test the ATP, at DC keep the invemtory less than demand,i.e <80.

here will assume dc 1 is having 60.

During WRP1 execution ,it wll place STO on DC1 for 60 ,DC2 for 20.

Hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

We are having a similar scenario, in your initial post you mentioned

"*In the 'change view "Supplying site Assignment via Availability Check: Overview' screen I have selected AFSD with existing   sources"

Can you please let us know where exactly is this overview screen.  We are unable to see this in WRP1, is this related to config or master data.  Kindly clarify.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Gowri