cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

08 inspection type problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planing to use standard inspection type 08 while receiving the material from STO. We activated the 08 (we are also using 01) inspection type in the material master (in the receiving plant). Please also note that we have not excluded any movement type from QM. Here we are using standard 101 movement only for GR from delivery against STO. And all 101 movement types are allowed for QM. But still system is not selecting the stock type as Quality inspection while STO creation. System is selecting unrestriced use stock only by-default. If you manually select the stock type as quality stock...then rest of the cycle is perfectly o.k.

What could be the problem? Anybody could help me in this regard?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you wonder why the stock type is "Unrestricted" on STO's item detail even though the inspection type "08" has been activated.

I agree that the stock type confuses us sometimes.

Anyway SAP says the stock type is set by default setting on transaction MIGO and it is not important if configured.

It means that the stock type is updated correctly when a material document is posted.

Don't worry that the stock would be posted to insp. stock even though the stock type is not "Inspection stock" on STO.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

If I am clear then when STO is being done system is not allowing you to pick the material from QUALITY stock.

This is standard SAP behaviour. The material needs to be in unrestricted stock when you are trying to do the STO.

If I have not understood your query clearly kindly let me know the issue.

Regards,

Narendra Bora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Activate 08 Inspetction type in the material master

2. Create Inspection plan with the usage 9 for STPO Inspection.

Inspection movemnt type is 101 for both 01 & 08. Kindly check ur usage in Inspection plan and activate "Insp with TL & post to Inspection stock" in the QM view of material master.

Edited by: Lokesh K on Nov 12, 2010 10:56 AM

Edited by: Lokesh K on Nov 12, 2010 11:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lokesh for your reply... but these changes doesn't solved the problem. What could be other reasons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate QM for Delivery Type in SPRO with '08' Inspection Type.

Node under QUALITY INSPECTION -> LOT CREATION -> AT SHIPPING

Best Regards,

Raghavendra Nayak