cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Issue with Smartforms - D is added automatically

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am printing a sold to address in smartforms using ADDRESS node. But for printing German address of all customers in the print D (Capital) is added with postal code automatically.

D-22297 Hamburg

I have checked the customer address data , there D is not there.

In the address node i have the following parameters

Type: organisation Address

Number of lines to be used = 6

Any info how to remove D from the postal code of customers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is intentional. See [Postal Codes in Germany|http://berlin.angloinfo.com/countries/germany/postcodes.asp].

Rob

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to remove this? any alternative ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to note 35931, transaction OY07 may help. There seem to be other notes as well.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The address node prints address automatically, but uses the specifical address format:

it depends on the country of course, every country has an own formatting routine, this routine is standard one.

You can try to change that routine, but that means the format will be valid for all prints.

So if you need it for one print only, I believe you need to print it by yourself

Max

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you set the Sending Country as the DE in the address node, it should remove the D.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob,

Problem solved. Its setting in transaction code OY01

Please find documentation related to this

Flag: Print country name in foreign addresses?

This flag refers to the sending country when the address is printed (as opposed to "Address structure key" which is directly assigned to each recipient country).

For post to countries which have the 'Address structure key':

'001' (European standard address format)

'002' (Italy)

'011' (Switzerland)

'014' (Austria)

the address format of post from many European countries does not usually use the country name in the last line of the address. The license plate country code is put in front of the postal code, joined by a hyphen.

If the flag 'Print country name in foreign addresses' is set for the source country, then the country name is output in the last line of the address, and the licence plate country code is not used, even for post to countries with the keys '001', '002', '011' or '014'.

Austria (sender key '014') is an exception: foreign post always has the country name in the last line as well as the license plate code in front of the city name.

The flag has no effect on the output of addresses in destination countries with another formatting key than '001', '002', '011' or '014'.