cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM getting data from multiple JDBC databases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - a 'high level' question...

I have a scenario where the first step in my bpm is a receive step which will be a JDBC send adapter/comm channel to a particular database. The rows returned will have a key field called "ID". For each of these rows, I need to go to a completely different JDBC database to gather more data based on this key "ID".

Not sure how to go about this, but this is my best guess

1) receive step, asynchronous which will be used by the jdbc send adapter

2) create a block, mode ForEach referring to the messages returned in the initial receive step. In this block there will be:

3)THIS IS THE PART I'M CONFUSED ON - do i need a synchronous send step, with the request message being the message from the initial receive and a response message being the message from the JDBC recieve adapter? How does the "ID" get passed in to select the proper record? How is a SQL created to get the proper record from the second database?

4 etc) After that, it would be a straight forward transform and send to the target system...which i'm ok with.

Again, my confusion is how the key field is somehow passed to the second JDBC call.

any assistance or clarification would be greatly appreciated! thanks /dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Moorthy, thanks for confirming the approach...and the link is quite helpful /dave

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>For each of these rows, I need to go to a completely different JDBC database to gather more data based on this key "ID"</i>

>>>To gather more data, means you are going to select the data for each key ID. Then this data you need to send to target system right ? If so, you need to have Synchronous Send from BPM.

Your BPM steps will be like this

1) Receive the message from Database(JDBC sender)

2) Block with Foreach

3) Send the data Synchrnously to the other database with the help of Reciever JDBC adapter

4) Receive the Response, and Send this Asynchrnoulsy to the Target System.

DO you need Foreach loop here , i am just thinking ? You can pass multplr Key Values to the JDBC Receiver structure and get the Response at a time.

For more on JDBC Sync-

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Regards,

Moorthy