cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Rebate Agreements - Validity Periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am trying to create a rebate agreement with different rebate rates for months Nov & Dec, 10 using agreement type Z002 (Replica of standard Rebate Agreement Type with 'Different val. period' ticked) but its not possible.

When I enter agreement validity as 11.11.2010 to 31.12.2010, condition validity as 11.11.2010 to 30.11.2010 & save it; the system automatically changes the validity end date of the agreement to 30.11.2010. So, am at loss how to maintain rate for Dec, 10 month OR we have to create/ extend the agreement using agreement (monthly-AM) calendar everytime it ends but then in case of extension, we have to go to back to each & every agreement & change the rate !!!

And if we choose to extend then we have to do it before the agreement expires or we can do after expiry, to maintain the business continuity ?

Am confused, so can anyone throw more light on this one.

Just FYI, the extended rebate procedure is not active on our system but update of infostructre S136 is activated.

Thanx in advance.

Nandish.

Edited by: nandish.mehta on Nov 11, 2010 5:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandish,

I suggest you go through the below link which gives extensive information on rebates in SAP. This document is self explanatory and the most comprehensive one with necessary screen shots.

http://www.erpgenie.com/publications/saptips/052005.pdf

In the page 7 you have the below text which explains your question.

The u201CDifferent val. periodu201D option lets you define whether or not the rebate condition records you create out of the rebate agreement can have validity dates outside of the ones of the agreement.

At the agreement type level (VB(2) you have a control in the control data section.

If the different validity period check box is checked then you can different periods for condition record and agreement. Else

Rebate agreement and cond.record have same validity period. This is the reason why when you make change the validity period in the condition record validity period is getting modified.

Hope this explains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Irrespective of whether I tick the 'Different validity period' indicator in the 'Rebate Agreement Type' definition or not, am unable to maintain multiple validity period (back-to-back) with a period of one year or whatever. So, it looks like there is some other solution to this.

Can someone help me please.

Thanks,

Nandish.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm extending rebates agreements (MEB7) but the conditions records are being created in daily periods instead of monthly periods. What should I do to create it in monthly periodic conditions?

Many thanks.

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nandish,

The key of a condition record does not contain the validity period. Therefore, in one agreement you cannot maintain a condition record for multiple date ranges.

The indicator for different validity periods means your condition records need not all have the same validity in (or as) the agreement. But any single condition record is limited to one period of validity in the agreement.

In order to u201Cmaintain multiple validity period (back-to-back) with a period of one year,u201D for a single condition record, you must use multiple agreements.

Regards,

Ken